My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Post birth mojo

0 replies

Jjoet10 · 12/10/2018 00:51

Hi,
I was hoping for some advice. My wife and I had our first baby 2 years ago and like many our sex lives have ceased to exist since. Before the birth we both had high sex drives however since, my wife doesn’t seem interested at all. I completely understood as the birth was hard and ended in surgery. Also the first 6 to 9 months was incredibly tiring like it is for all new parents.

I tried my best to take as much stress away from her by doing the chores and also sharing the night feeds etc. I’ve also tried to keep the romance alive with many different things over the years. Unfortunatly our sex lives haven’t improved and on average we are maybe having it once ever 5 months. I feel dreadful as I can’t imagine how hard it was for her to bring our baby into this world but after two years I’m finding myself not trying to seduce her anymore as part of me knows it won’t go anywhere. She tells me she does still love me but I just feel like things are getting worse not better and have found my self questioning if she does anymore.

I want to be as supportive as possible and happy to wait or give her space but it would be nice to have some sort of reassurance that we are moving forward together.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences? Is this normal, does it ever change?

Thanks

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.