My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Possible PND

3 replies

TLH0307 · 23/07/2018 01:28

My girl is 5 months old and teething, she wakes up at midnight every night and is awake until 5. I had awful “baby blues” at first and felt like I overcame that phase, the anxiety never went away but I could cope - now it’s crippling because I fear every night and keep having to cancel morning plans due to being up all night. I feel totally isolated. I’m going to bed at 8 just to try and get a few hours of sleep but I can’t sleep for fear of inevitably being woken up at midnight. Also going to bed early means I have no time with my other half. I love my girl with all my heart and keep telling myself it’ll get easier but I know it won’t, not if it carries on like this. I keep looking around at other mums and I don’t know how they cope so well because I’m useless and can’t cope one bit. I’m heartbroken.

OP posts:
4months · 24/07/2018 13:25

Hey @TLH0307 sorry that no one has replied to you. How are you feeling now?
I read your post and can totally identify with it. What I would say is be aware that over tiredness can easily manifest itself in ways which sound like PND. I am sure you are doing a fantastic job, it is so so hard this mummy ing job and on no sleep, it can bring you down. I hope you're ok. Message me on heee if you want any support as I'm in the same boatSmile

peachgreen · 27/07/2018 21:42

Oh OP, I'm so sorry you're going through this. That anxiety over nighttimes was definitely a PND symptom for me but it was accompanied by a lot of other things like lack of bond with my daughter etc. To be honest that kind of lack of sleep sounds absolutely hideous and it's no wonder you're feeling so awful. How long has it been going on for? I assume you've tried all the teething remedies etc? Has your HV given you any advice?

Choccheese · 07/08/2018 04:26

Sounds very hard ❤
Would it help if you tried cosleeping with her from 12-5?
The best advice I was given with DC1 was "everything is just a phase" which got me through the teething months. You will get to sleep again. But I know what you mean, its a toss up between getting out and about in the morning and staying in to rest as you're so exhausted. I'd try doing a bit of both, push yourself to go out and meet others a couple of days a week and stay at home and rest the other mornings of the week. Can you lie-in at the weekends and you DH look after the baby so you can catch up on sleep?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.