My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Baby blues and family woes

1 reply

Feelingbabyblues · 16/07/2018 20:19

I'm 6 days post-partum and the baby blues have hit. I'm feeling a bit stressed and a bit down but it's not PND or anything else more serious. This is my second baby and I know I will snap out of it. Its being exacerbated by my family who made the whole pregnancy very difficult. To be Frank they are not nice people and their behaviour is upsetting to me but I was able to just rise above it and get in with my life before. Now the baby is here I feel like it's all getting on top of me. Does anyone have any tips on how to snap out of this slump and stop the baby blues? I just want to feel like myself again, go back to ignoring my families shitty behaviour and enjoy my beautiful wee girl. Thanks.

OP posts:
dannuh · 17/07/2018 13:40

I'm a FTM and had the same problem, I managed to snap out of the baby blues by taking some time out for just myself, baby and husband.

A couple of days later I was back to feeling myself so if the opportunity is there to be alone with your growing family take it :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.