My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Endometrosis/Incisional Endo post c-section?

2 replies

TheFantasticFixit · 24/02/2015 22:04

Since having DD2 nearly a year ago, i've had a number of symptoms around ovulation that have left me a bit baffled.

Both babies were born by c-section, one emcs, one elcs. Periods returned almost as soon as lochia finished with both babies, despite breastfeeding. Periods are really heaving, with a lot more cramping and back pain than i used to have prior to child birth. When it stops, i get a coup,e of clear days before getting a small amount of very dark/black blood when i wipe that lasts another couple of days before stopping.

But, around ovulation, i feel horrendous. I have significant pain on my left side, like a stab, or a strong pinch. My scar aches like crazy. I have cramping, bloating, diarrhoea, my lower stomach often feels very 'bruised', like i have been kicked significantly from the inside. I get very irritable, teary. I feel lightheaded, and profoundly exhausted. And, TMI ALERT i get a LOT of ewcm, which in the last three months has been brown, rather than clearish as it was before. It typically lasts 3-4 days.

I've been googling (i know, i know) to try and make sense of the symptoms of my cycle and i've come across incisional endometriosis, which a lot of the things i'm experiencing appear to echo. But before i bother my GP with these, does anyone have experience of this type of endometriosis and can echo what i'm experiencing each month? Or think of anything else?

OP posts:
TheFantasticFixit · 25/02/2015 08:53

Anyone?

OP posts:
tak1ngchances · 25/02/2015 08:56

I think your GP will be crap as I have endo and in my experience they really really don't have a clue about it.
Could you get a gynae referral?
If it is endometriosis then your options are hormonal suppression (pill or similar) or laparoscopic surgery

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.