Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Postal Voting

2 replies

ChallengingCitrusHalibut · 06/05/2010 09:42

I asked this question on the 'tell us when you've voted' thread but it seems to have got lost in the democracy-fuelled melee.

There appear to be quite a few people on here who have voted by post and I would be interested to know why? Of course I can see the benefits for those who are in hospital, bed bound, living overseas, working away, or not at home for whatever reason all day today but why else would you do it?

There are concerns over the security of postal voting, with a number of police investigations initiated into possible frauds. Also, I think I would be worried it might even just get lost in the post.

Why do it if you don't absolutely have to?

OP posts:
scaryteacher · 06/05/2010 09:47

The Armed Forces in Afghanistan and Iraq will have voted like this if the ballot papers got there in time - they didn't in Brussels - dh's boss said that the deadline for getting them back in the post was the same day as the papers arrived.

My mum has our proxies and will be voting for us today.

buxomblonde · 06/05/2010 09:50

either me or my husband are often working late and between that and juggling children it the only way to ensure we vote each time. Otherwise we often have missed out. I do sort of miss the ritual of going along though. I accept what you say about security but don't see a better way for us

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.