Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

No more fines for the wrong bin

7 replies

longfingernails · 10/04/2011 12:23

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13027352

More petty Labour nanny-state swept away! Hooray!

OP posts:
claig · 10/04/2011 13:11

Great news from the Coalition.

claig · 10/04/2011 13:15

Pensioners can sleep easy. Punitive, progressive penalisation is past history.

claig · 10/04/2011 13:18

If they carry on like this, always on the people's side, I think they'll be in power for a long time.

claig · 10/04/2011 13:25

"Shadow environment secretary Mary Creagh said the government was "all over the place" on waste and recycling.
She said it announced a waste review last summer that still had not been published and added the Conservatives had abandoned any hope of achieving a "zero waste" Britain."

Give the Coalition a chance, they've already beaten the progressives in an election. Surely that is the biggest step in achieving a "zero waste" zociety?

longfingernails · 10/04/2011 13:53

We will not achieve a real zero waste society until the Labour party crumbles and withers away. Fortunately, under Red Ed, that seems to be exactly what is happening.

OP posts:
claig · 10/04/2011 13:56

"Shadow environment secretary Mary Creagh said the government was "all over the place" on waste and recycling."

Well I think we can all agree that New Labour knew a lot about waste. When it comes to waste, they wrote the book, and then threw the book at the public. I have even heard some members of the public refer to them as wasters. Recycling? Well they certainly recycled their front bench into different areas of inexpertise.

claig · 10/04/2011 14:10

The recycling meant that we saw the same old faces wearing different hats and disguises. It was like a jolly party, high spirits and lots of clowns. When they set off their party poppers, you knew the country would come a cropper. They changed seats like in a game of musical chairs, but when the music stopped, the country's coffers were bare. It was a New Labour party alright, but the public got no invite. But now we're fortunate to have the Coalition, they''ll pull us from the jaws of progressive perdition.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.