Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

potty/loo seat recommendations

7 replies

oscarsmum · 30/04/2003 21:11

I am thinking of buying a potty/loo seat "insert" so that my 2 year old ds gets used to having it/them around. Can anyone recommend a particular model or suggest which ones to avoid? And did your children prefer using a potty or the loo? Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

Lennon · 02/05/2003 12:40

we used the portable fold-out variety - they were a bit precarious - but ideal for using 'unknown' toilets e.g. motorway service stations. They were quite chepa also - so you could afford to try them.
Not sure this helps much!!! Good luck

Please
or

kathylee0 · 02/05/2003 12:51

i must have about 4 different loos seat inserts.my son hated sitting on potty or toilet,eventually we found one he was happy with,it was from mothercare and is soft and padded(plain white).He felt safe and comfortable on this one and still uses it at the age of 4.I am sure mothercare must still sell them!

Please
or

oscarsmum · 06/05/2003 11:52

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, you can get a white padded loo seat, I've seen one in John Lewis. And I might get a fold-up one for when you're out, that's a much better idea than carrying a potty around for the next few years!

Thanks for your suggestions.

OP posts:
Please
or

Bozza · 06/05/2003 12:18

I'm with you there Oscarsmum. We went to the Railway Museum at York yesterday complete with potty in the bottom of the push chair. And I have subsequently started to think about this next stage so thanks from me too.

Please
or

amy2775 · 06/05/2003 15:38

My 2yr old son likes the cousion set he has just started to potty train but we had the potty for the last year just was not interested in it at all now he is a champ. anyone out there tell were i can find reusable pull-ups i just can't seem to find them have look everywhere now luck thank you

Please
or

LIZS · 06/05/2003 16:31

amy2775

We bought ds a pair of the Kooshies training pants (I think PHP do them) which happened to be on discount in a local baby shop. Washable on hot temperatures and tumble dry-able. We found them particularly useful for travelling.
Around £7 per pair full price, I think, but probably worth it if you would otherwise buy several of packets or disposables.

Please
or

Rkayne · 12/05/2003 10:02

DD quite likes using a potty but just recently we bought a special seat for the toilet which she thinks is pretty cool because now she can use the 'big potty'. It replaces your existing toilet seat and has a standard size toilet seat as well as a small seat that stores away inside the lid when not being used. Check out the Great Little Trading Company website - gltc.co.uk and search for Child and Adult Toilet Seat. I think Jojo Maman Baby do one as well.

Having said that, if ds hasn't had any experience with a potty yet at all, a small potty that sits on the floor might be a good place to start. That way he can investigate it/sit on it etc in his own time rather than needing help from you.

If you're anything like us you'll probably end up with 2 or 3 different kinds in the end!!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?