Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

Striking the balance

1 reply

sykes · 07/04/2003 15:32

My dh and I both work fulltime and are rarely home before 6:45. I leave home before 7:30 and can be home really late depending on my work schedule - meaning dh is more hands on than me with dds (two aged 3.5 and 17 months). Am now making a massive effort to get home by 6:45 but as we bath them at 7:30 it's making the most of that time when I/we can just be v tired and not the most enthusiastic of parents. Mow it's light we tend to take the dog and dds out/if not play/read etc which we all enjoy. Just wondered how other full time workers coped. I do REALLY (well, usually) look forward to seeing them but can just be so tired that it's a bit of an effort. We're v lucky and have a great full time nanny who gets to us at 7:30 and works until 6:45 and never complains about overtime etc.

OP posts:
Please
or

kaz33 · 07/04/2003 16:06

Its tough isn't it, you get home knackered and all you want to do is crash out with a glass of wine.
Especially tough when my DS is also tired and doesn't want to read books but run around making mess and falling over. Then its all i can manage to scoop him up and try and get him into bed.
Then of course there is all guilt and worries of not being there for him, being a bad mum, the nanny knowing your son better than you do...

When I leave work I try and think about him on the way home and how good it will be to see him. That tends to lift my tiredness so that by the time I get home I can't wait to see him and normally keeps my going until I crash into a heap and the admin and washing can just wait for another day.....

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?