My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Parenting

Baby monitors

10 replies

Gigi89x · 08/06/2023 21:48

Looking for a baby monitor, currently have a nanit. Very expensive & have issues with the live feed staying connected.

Looking for a video monitor that is reliable please and allows you to continuously watch and hear baby

OP posts:
Maloneyb · 08/06/2023 22:04

Hubble. You can use the monitor and your phone continuously

Gigi89x · 09/06/2023 13:57

@Maloneyb thanks for the recommendation

Anyone else?

OP posts:
Maloneyb · 09/06/2023 17:28

I’ll be honest I found getting a monitor so stressful as there’s so many about!
just check out the specs on the ones you like the look of. No one really recommended one we loved so we looked at the Hubble and it ticked the boxes for what we needed it for.

OopsieeDaisy · 10/06/2023 20:34

We have a Babysense monitor as we wanted one that didn’t use wifi due to potential hacking issues. We’ve been using it for a few months now and are really pleased with it. It came with 2 cameras and has a split screen viewing option so if you have multiple children you can see them at the same time.

Scoobydoobydoobydoo0987 · 10/06/2023 20:57

Tapo camera, links to phone, you can have lots in different rooms. They cost about £30 per cam and have found them reliable. You can purchase on Amazon/Argos

newagemama · 12/06/2023 14:31

We have an Invidyo. It was easy on the pocket and also works fabulously with advanced AI tech. We mainly use it for lullabies and nighttime as it has a big range of lullabies and also amazing night vision. Waiting to start using it for sleep training as well soon

bettynutkins · 12/06/2023 14:56

We have a vtech.
Absolutely love it, was about £70, picture is good and battery on the monitor lasts longer than others.

johnd2 · 12/06/2023 15:58

We got the bt one with the screen, seems excellent, I think it was about 90 pounds but it works brilliantly all over the house and doesn't have anything to do with WiFi so it should be secure enough. You can set it up to only light up when the baby makes a noise or on all the time . The screen has battery so you can take it down the garden or whatever.
You can also talk back to the baby (or more likely your partner) which is handy for a 2 way conversation sometimes.

PollyMumsnet · 15/06/2023 15:55

Hi @Gigi89x thanks for your thread! If you're still looking for baby monitor recommendations, you might like our guide to the best baby monitors, according to Mumsnetters. If you have any feedback on the article do get in touch🙂

Best Baby Monitors: Trusted Audio and Video Monitors | Mumsnet

From Hubble, Nanit and HelloBaby, these are the best baby monitors in the UK for 2023. Read in-depth reviews and expert recommendations to help you choose the perfect monitor for your newborn.

https://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/baby-monitors

BC42 · 29/12/2023 21:35

Hi my boy is 19 months old and sleeps in with me when he wakes up I take him in. We have a super king bed but he likes to be close to me but am anxious in case something happens. Has anyone used any time of clip on monitor in this situation?? I can’t see anything online about it, so just wondering. Any recommends would be gratefully recieved!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.