Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

2 week old sick?

8 replies

Houndsandbooks · 25/01/2023 16:54

Hello
i am debating calling 111 but just wanted to check if this is normal as it is my first baby and I am unsure if my judgement is blurred by exhaustion.

my daughter has projectile vomited twice and has just thrown up her entire last feed. For the last few days her poo has turned dark green where it used to be a yellow-orange colour. After eating she appears to be in pain and today she has slept constantly and has not asked for food.

any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

Sunny1234567 · 25/01/2023 16:56

I would call 111 for some advice.

Please
or

Puddlelane123 · 25/01/2023 16:57

Your instincts are correct - definitely call 111, and in honesty if they take a long time to call you back, I would have a very low threshold for taking her to A&E. The constant sleeping and not asking for food is concerning in a 2 week old, especially in view of the projectile vomiting.

Please
or

Sucessinthenewyear · 25/01/2023 17:04

Call 111 but at that age they will
tell you she needs to be seen and that maybe a and e so pack a bag. Ask about CMPA. Do you have thermometer?

Please
or

Sucessinthenewyear · 25/01/2023 17:12

Don’t worry about the fountain/projectile nature. This is normal in babies and it prevents them choking.

Please
or

Raindropsdrop · 25/01/2023 18:35

Yes she needs to be seen

Please
or

Moonshine160 · 25/01/2023 19:14

The vomiting in itself wouldn’t cause me too much alarm but the sleepiness and refusal to feed would. Ring 111 now for sure.

Please
or

Emmamoo89 · 25/01/2023 19:24

Definitely ring 111 x

Please
or

Puddlelane123 · 26/01/2023 15:47

How are you both doing today OP?

Please
or