Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

How to deal with night waking with Feber Sleep Training

1 reply

BargainHunter32 · 25/01/2023 14:45

My LO is 7 months and I want to start sleep training using the Feber method (no hate please, I was previously really against sleep training but all gentle methods haven’t got us anywhere and my mental health is now on the line and my baby is constantly exhausted as he can’t link sleep cycles).

My baby wakes hourly at night and has done since birth and I’ve always BF back to sleep so it’s likely my fault that I’m in this position . Now I feel like he still wakes hourly to use BFing to link sleep cycles. Sometimes he feeds, sometimes he sucks to sleep (doesn’t accept a dummy).

My problem is I don’t know how often he actually needs to feed overnight as his constant grazing makes it impossible to know. So when doing Feber, how do I know when to feed vs. do the check ins? I don’t want to leave a hungry baby crying as that would be so awful.

He BF every 1.5 hours in the day too so it’s not even like I know he can do a decent stretch in the day. It’s basically the same day and night. He’s not eating much solids yet as doing BLW and he’s not very interested.

Please share helpful suggestions!

OP posts:
Please
or

Calphurnia88 · 25/01/2023 15:29

Hourly waking can sometimes be a sign of something underlying, especially if he's never slept more than an hour at a time.

Are you certain he's not in discomfort - gas, reflux, allergies?

FWIW I mostly BF to sleep, always have. We have had long periods of bad sleep, which turned out to be reflux. He's 10mo and the reflux seems to have disappeared. He's sleeping much better now (up to 6 hour stretches), and I still mostly BF to sleep.

Please
or