Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

2 questions regarding athletes foot and water for baby

9 replies

K2012 · 30/09/2022 09:12

FTM and it takes ages to get a GP appointment so I thought I’d ask here first for advice.

Baby boy is 4 months old, he’s formula fed and I express milk (only produce a small amount).
In July when there was a heatwave I gave him few sips of water those days when it was really hot as advised by health worker. In the last month baby normally does a poo every 2 days, some days (after the heatwave) I gave him few sips of water (maximum 5-10ml in a day) and he did a poo every day when he had water. Now that he does a poo every 2 days I’ve noticed that he makes this sound/trying to push it out for 5-10 minutes and when it’s out it’s a big explosion and everywhere. It’s soft and runny so not sure if he’s constipated. Sorry TMI 😂
So my question is can I give him few sips of water those days he doesn’t do a poo. I read on google that it’s dangerous to give before he’s 6 months old as babies can develop brain swelling, hyponatremia but then other websites says small amounts are okay. I’m confused 🤷🏻‍♀️

I got athletes foot/fungus/itching on my foot on 2 places. On the Daktarin Aktiv spray it says “if you’re breastfeeding speak to a doctor before using it” now my question is has anyone used it while breastfeeding? Does anyone know how long it stays in your system, I can stop breastfeeding for a week and then use the spray would that be okay?

Thank you in advance 👍🏻

OP posts:
Please
or

MbatataOwl · 30/09/2022 09:19

Now that he does a poo every 2 days I’ve noticed that he makes this sound/trying to push it out for 5-10 minutes and when it’s out it’s a big explosion and everywhere. It’s soft and runny so not sure if he’s constipated

That sounds like he could be impacted. You need to get him seen to.

Please
or

K2012 · 30/09/2022 11:24

@MbatataOwl Thanks for your reply. I did mention this to the health worker about a month ago she said it doesn’t sound like constipation as the poo is soft and runny and not hard when it comes out. But I will speak to GP.

OP posts:
Please
or

MbatataOwl · 30/09/2022 12:18

Impacted poo comes out runny (basically a there's a poo blockage so only the runny soft poo manages to squeeze past).

Please
or

K2012 · 30/09/2022 12:36

@MbatataOwl Okay will try to see if I can speak to GP over the weekend.

OP posts:
Please
or

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 01/10/2022 03:56

check with breast feeding network but when DD had thrush in her mouth I was prescribed the same cream for my nipple so I doubt it’s an issue.

Please
or

pompomsontheceiling · 01/10/2022 05:32

Fine to use the spray and carry on feeding.

Do use the breastfeeding network if you want to check.

Do ask a pharmacist as easier to see than a dr

Please
or

catsnore · 01/10/2022 07:06

Most medicines have that advice on them as they obviously cannot experiment on breastfeeding mothers and babies. It is a topical medicine so should be fine if you are spraying it on your feet and nowhere near your boobs!

Please
or

K2012 · 02/10/2022 11:28

Thank you everyone for the replies 👍🏻

@MbatataOwl I spoke to GP today he has prescribed Lactulose 5ml once at night for a week to see if it helps with straining.
do you have any experience with Lactulose for babies?

OP posts:
Please
or

MbatataOwl · 02/10/2022 19:41

Im glad he's been seen to.
It's a stool softener so can take a couple of days to work. Works well usually and is gentle.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?