Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Eczema type rash on face - cream suggestions?

7 replies

Pen89ox · 29/09/2022 15:23

I have a rashy toddler, always had sensitive skin and eczema that comes and goes. Everything seems to significantly worsen when cold weather hits.

He’s started with a rash around his mouth recently, sporadically in patches, most food makes it worse, wiping it with anything (even just a flannel and warm water) makes it worse, cold weather makes it worse. GP prescribed hydrocortisone for 7 days which we used and mostly worked but of course as soon as we stopped it’s come back.

I don’t want to use steroids on his face for any longer, does anyone have any cream recommendations that have worked for them? Really struggling to get on top of it as each time I put anything on he screams and wipes it off, so I can only do twice a day (nap and bedtime).

OP posts:
Please
or

dottyrobin · 29/09/2022 15:26

I bought something called doublebase from amazon for psoriasis on my hands. It doesn't stop my flare ups but really reduces redness and dryness. It soaks in quickly

Please
or

ForTheLoveOfSleep · 29/09/2022 15:30

We use Aquaphor for our daughter. She gets very rashy and chapped cheeks in the winter.

Please
or

Stade197 · 29/09/2022 15:36

My boy had eczema on his face & body, we used aproderm which the doctor recommended and it all cleared up and didn't come back

Please
or

Xiaoxiong · 29/09/2022 15:41

Ugh I remember this well - DS2 had a dry chapped rash under his bottom lip from about October to March every year from wiping dribble and food away when he was a baby and toddler. Steroids worked for about 2 days and then made it worse. Only thing that worked in the end was just letting him drool down onto dribble bibs without wiping it away all the time, while using vaseline as a barrier, and - just time (sorry). Like yours, mine also hated it so I would put it on him when he was asleep and bribe him periodically to let me top it up during the day.

Please
or

Teadrinkingmumofone · 29/09/2022 15:43

We have doublebase and zerobase on repeat from the gp but for bad flare ups the steroid creams are the only thing we have found to work.

Please
or

Teadrinkingmumofone · 29/09/2022 15:44

Also as PP says vaseline is great for around the mouth acting as a barrier.

Please
or

Takeitonthechin · 29/09/2022 16:04

Cut out dairy and see if it helps OP

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?