Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Going on honeymoon without my 23 month old

Gupster · 21/09/2022 21:33

Hey, I'm looking for some positive experiences and advice please.
My husband and I are going on honeymoon this Saturday for 10 days and leaving our 23 month old at our house with my parents (who he adores) I'm starting to freak out about leaving him and more so about what to tell him. We don't want to just disappear, so any advice on how best to tell him and just some positive experiences of how little ones cope would be amazing, thank you 😄

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gwizz82 · 21/09/2022 21:39

We went on ours leaving my 2 year old and 4 year old with our mums, both stayed in our house with them.

I made a giant poster of empty squares and dates and got the grandma's to get the kids to write and draw what they did each day. On the last day each child had a special sweet in a sealed envelope. I still have it as a lovely momento of what they did with their grandma's :)

Please
or

Gupster · 21/09/2022 21:57

@Gwizz82 Ah that's lovely, thank you. How long did you go for and did you call/facetime them?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gwizz82 · 22/09/2022 16:37

Gupster · 21/09/2022 21:57

@Gwizz82 Ah that's lovely, thank you. How long did you go for and did you call/facetime them?

Hi, We went for 2 weeks to Mexico so with regards to calling them we had to judge the timezone well with their bedtimes lol ... We video called them every night to say goodnight but some nights they weren't interested - Grandma's were way more fun than mummy and daddy! 😅
One Grandma was a paediatric nurse and neither child has any ailments so that helped with our worries of going away in the first place, but children are resilient.
Go enjoy yourself, You got this! 👍🏼

Please
or

Gupster · 23/09/2022 18:53

Lol, we are going to Mexico as well, how did you manage the mum guilt and missing them?
We are going to play it by ear with facetime, I don't want to upset him if he is happy, he is such a mummies boy

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?