Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Last babies, so sad.

restingbitchface30 · 06/08/2022 14:34

I’m just looking for stories really and the hope that others feel/ have felt the same as me. I just gave birth to my twins on Monday. I am in an absolute love bubble right now. my babies are so perfect and I feel like my heart could burst. These are babies 3 and 4 but as my eldest are 15 and 17 I had forgot how magical this feels (I still love my oldest obviously!)
However I’m painfully aware they are my last. I’m 36 now and financially not we are not really going to be able to have more. I am beyond devastated that I will never be pregnant again. That I will never feel this feeling again. I’ve cried a ton over the past 24 hours. Has anyone else felt this? Is it just my hormones? How did you cope with it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Wouldloveanother · 06/08/2022 14:41

Definitely hormones.

im 4+3 with number 2, I would love 3 kids but DH wants 2 so 2 it is. And it occurred to me that’s the last time I’ll see a positive pregnancy test and have that moment of excitement! Which is mad because it’s so early on.

just remember how you’ll feel when your twins are toddlers and you want to revisit the baby days again!

Please
or

houseofboy · 06/08/2022 16:04

Totally get it, we hadn't decided when we had our second how many we were having and DH doesn't want anymore and I'm really sad I won't get to do the new born bit again. l love the baby stage and feel sad I'm done. I think it's easier in some ways that we hadn't decided so enjoyed it without thinking that's it.

Please
or

sunflowerandivy · 06/08/2022 19:56

I'm amazed you feel this way, especially so early on and with twins. I cried everyday because I found it all awful. I love my children but I'm so glad I will never be pregnant or suffer the newborn stage again! I'm excited about a future without milk feeding, nap schedules and sleepless nights back-to-back. My friend is addicted to pregnancy and the newborn stage. She has 6 children and as many miscarriages, she has been lactating for a decade. She cannot see herself not trying to get pregnant so is keeping going until she cannot physically have anymore

Please
or

User48751490 · 06/08/2022 20:03

My youngest DC was in SCBU for five weeks when he was born almost 5 years ago, so I have no desire to ever put myself through that again. Four DC is enough to be getting on with 😂

Congratulations OP💐🎉 enjoy your newborn snuggles with your two youngest ☺️

Please
or

AegonT · 06/08/2022 21:22

Probably hormones. I felt very sad after having my second even though she was a very easy baby. I missed being cared for in pregnancy and was sad I'd never need the first size baby clothes again. It got better after 2 or 3 weeks I think. Now I often feel happy knowing I won't have to repeat the hard bits of having a baby, like when this one sleeps through I won't have interrupted sleep again, when she potty trains we won't have to change nappies again.

Please
or

Hairdryerbouncer · 06/08/2022 21:28

I’ve had this- sobbing while packing up baby grows they’ve put worn. I was so sad. But somewhere around 7 mths I started to feel so relieved. I’ve been so tired with the 4 of them and now instead of making me cry those ‘lasts’ ( eg last time a baby sits up, last time they get a first tooth, etc) again fill me with relief that I’ll never have to do it again. I guess that’s how I know I’m done with having kids. But straight away and for about 3/4 mths I was a big blubbering wreck! Hang in there and enjoy your babies xx

Please
or

choolaboola · 06/08/2022 21:30

First time pregnancy here. I just don't feel any of this! I hope that I do or something switches 🙈

Please
or

W00p · 06/08/2022 21:32

This is interesting to me because I don't feel this way. I am 40+2 with 3rd pregnancy. I cried when I found out because I was just getting some independence back and wanted to go back to work but later came round to the idea. Then I spent the next 3 months with my head down the toilet with crippling HG and then spent the following 6 months basically swelling up to the size of Belgium and proving to astounded medical professionals that yes you can get this big and not have gestational diabetes 🙄

I've always said three is enough and this pregnancy has totally confirmed it for me. I've never been so ready to leave this child bearing period in my life behind and I'm 32!

Will be making my sterilisation appointment at 6 weeks pp.

Please
or

birdglasspen · 06/08/2022 21:37

Hmmm, I have 3 single children. When my second was born I was convinced I’d have more and just enjoyed him “knowing” I’d do it again. The 3rd pregnancy was hard, having 3 under 4 was hard, I feel I have stretched myself too much, I’m loving giving away all the baby things the baby grows out of and never ever going through this again! I do love my 3rd but I know he’s my last and I’m more than content with this. I’d just try and enjoy your twins and know you can give them more than you could if you had more children. I feel mine suffer as there isn’t enough of me to go around and give them all they need!

Please
or

Vallmo47 · 06/08/2022 21:39

There are times I look back at baby pictures or see a very small child and get that feeling of missing what once was OP, but I honestly think the overwhelming feelings you have are due to hormones and sheer exhaustion. The amount of people who tell you things like “Enjoy while it lasts” and “Blink and you miss it” - not helpful at all. You won’t blink and miss anything, there are good things about every age. My kids are 15 and 11 and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel- I can have a leisurely long shower in peace, go to the toilet, read a book, go swimming for exercise while kids stay home and entertain themselves for an hour. These things are golden! There are many fantastic things about having babies/young children, my point is that you will find the beauty in every age. Congrats on your babies :)

Please
or

restingbitchface30 · 06/08/2022 22:39

These stories are all so varied I love it. I think I only feel this way because I have the most supportive partner and my babies are easy. It would be a different story maybe in they weren’t. There’s just something about pregnancy and birth that I adore. The way they look at you, their baby soft skin! I’m sure I’ll feel different in a few months when I look like a bag lady through tiredness!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.