Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Delayed terrible two's?

Cait73 · 14/05/2022 22:35

My grandson is nearly 3 and a half, he never went through the "terrible two's" but I think he's having a delayed reaction; every time I say no (to anything, might even be something he wants me to say no to) he shouts, screams or throws something.

Could this be delayed terrible two's? I'm not totally sure how to handle it if I'm honest he's a good boy (on the whole) but ice cream for breakfast and all day slobbing in front of Netflix isn't happening

How do you deal with constant strops? It's exhausting we just get over one thing and it's something else

OP's posts:
Please
or

tothemoonandbackbuses · 14/05/2022 22:42

I’ve got a 4 years old who didn’t have the terrible twos at two so he’s still stropping regularly (he’s does have some delays though not in his academic abilities) and an almost 2 year old who has arrived at the terrible twos early.
i try to offer a compromise to the eldest as he has good understanding and distraction to the youngest. I also try to avoid situations where a tantrum is likely

Please
or

HellyR · 14/05/2022 22:44

Nah, threes have been way worse than twos in my experience. "Threenager" is a thing. None of mine were too bad at two but had the potential to be stroppy arseholes age 3 Grin Love them obviously but glad we're getting to the end of it...

Please
or

Cait73 · 14/05/2022 22:46

@tothemoonandbackbuses I can't avoid all possible tantrums, it starts with the wrong spoon for breakfast, putting shoes on for preschool, keeping arms in seatbelt etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cait73 · 14/05/2022 22:47

@HellyR I totally forgot about the THREENAGER!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.