Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Lidl nappies and nappy rash

WeAllLikeVindaloo · 13/05/2022 20:25

Popped into lidl last week as it was the nearest shop to grab nappies for my daughter for nursery.
Picked up the standard ones and a pack of the premium for home to give them a go. However whenever she has the standard ones on that I sent to nursery she’s getting really sore. Anyone experienced soreness with lidls nappies??
I know nursery are changing her very frequently (I work there) like every hour and using cotton wool.

OP's posts:
Please
or

orangeisthenewpuce · 13/05/2022 20:34

WeAllLikeVindaloo

Popped into lidl last week as it was the nearest shop to grab nappies for my daughter for nursery.
Picked up the standard ones and a pack of the premium for home to give them a go. However whenever she has the standard ones on that I sent to nursery she’s getting really sore. Anyone experienced soreness with lidls nappies??
I know nursery are changing her very frequently (I work there) like every hour and using cotton wool.

I know someone that always uses Lidl nappies and has no problems at all.

Please
or

Flavourflava · 13/05/2022 20:35

I think some babies just don't get on with some nappies. Mine was awful in Pampers.

Please
or

romdowa · 13/05/2022 20:45

My ds doesn't get on with the standard ones from lidl but their premium ones are fine on him.

Please
or

savemeagin · 13/05/2022 20:56

I used Lidl nappies all the time. I once used Asda own brand ones and they did the same, nappy rash - they leaked every time I put DS in one. Some babies/toddlers just react to certain brands.

Please
or

Flopsy145 · 14/05/2022 21:11

Yes my daughter had a rash with these too. First when she was weeks old then tried her again at 1 year thinking it was just because she had been brand new but same again! Aldi fine, but we use tescos

Please
or

Cuwins · 14/05/2022 21:14

We have recently moved to lidl and seem to be fine but got really bad rash with boots own ones. Glad to find she is ok with lidl as I was worried she was only going to be ok with expensive nappies as it was pampers will now!

Please
or

chubbachub · 14/05/2022 21:16

Lidl aldi and morrisons here. All fine.
I do find the morrisons ones smelled a little stronger when full but otherwise no leaks etc.

Asda, sainsburys and pampers were all awful. Leaks and sometimes the asda tabs would just rip right off when i was fastening the nappy.
Boots were ok but i found the sizing a bit off.

Lidl sizes are generous compared to others.

For the nappy rash try metanium? That should clear it and is also a great barrier. If i was you I would change nappy brand, air the area daily, metanium overnight and a barrier like vaseline or coconut oil at every change. If you work there, could you do it so you know its done properly?

Please
or

fluffyrainbowllama · 14/05/2022 21:23

We found this with the smaller sizes of Lidl nappies, we tried the nappy pants when we got to a size 5 and she was fine. Pampers were also terrible for nappy rash with DD. I found burts bees diaper ointment amazing, it's really thick so it doesn't just wash off when they wee like a lot of them, I put it on at night and usually by the morning her nappy rash was gone.

Please
or

WeAllLikeVindaloo · 19/05/2022 05:36

All cleared up now guys thankyou.

@chubbachub we use metanium religiously in our house, it’s great isn’t it! It wouldn’t of been possible for me to change her as I work the opposite end of the building in a very busy preschool.

I ditched the lidl ones and went back to Aldi’s. It cleared up pretty quickly and hasn’t come back so it’s clear that it was the lidl ones causing issues.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.