Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Lightweight foldy travel buggy recommendations please!

PainAuChocowhat · 22/10/2021 09:36

Morning!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great lightweight folding buggy? We live in London so take public transport not infrequently. My DD is 15 months so would like to have a lightweight folding pushchair that I can easily pop her out and drag it up & down steps and onto trains, buses etc. Ideally below the £200 mark. Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GAW19 · 22/10/2021 09:39

Please
or

sqirrelfriends · 22/10/2021 09:53

I also rate the whoosh. It folds down flat so it really easy to carry folded and it can be steered one handed (which you can't do easily with the umbrella ones).

Please
or

Appleseesaw · 22/10/2021 09:53

Britax holiday. Very light, folds easily and is tiny.

Please
or

Etherealhedgehog · 22/10/2021 09:56

The ergobaby metro city stroller basically does everything the yoyo does for a smaller price tag. We live in London and have had it as our only buggy since birth (with the newborn attachment) - very happy with it

Please
or

TheDeckchairGardener · 22/10/2021 10:23

I have something similar to this very cheap travel stroller and I love it. It doesn’t have any extras like rain cover, foot muff, etc but I don’t really miss those things.

www.argos.co.uk/product/9445635?clickSR=slp:term:travel%20stroller:10:1509:2

Please
or

PainAuChocowhat · 22/10/2021 11:24

Ah fab, thanks a lot! I’ll check out all of these ideas having got off the train a station early this morning with a screaming child thinking “I’ll walk the 20 mins” to be confronted by two steep sets of many, many steps… I sat down and waited for the next train instead. That will teach me to be blasé about accessibility

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 22/10/2021 11:27

You could get a decent 2nd hand Yoyo for that budget. Brilliant travel pushchairs.

Please
or

Fiestyfish · 22/10/2021 11:30

I’ve got the chicco goody and my 2.5 year old still sleeps well in it as it has a raised leg rest and reclines flat. Goody Light Stroller Cool Grey www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YLWQDW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_32X8GQB8D9GWHE97V0E8?psc=1&_encoding=UTF8&tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Can steer one handed and has a decent sized basket too

Please
or

Wagglerock · 22/10/2021 12:02

I've got a Joie and can't fault it.

Please
or

Etherealhedgehog · 22/10/2021 13:10

ah I've just looked and it seems that you can now buy only the Ergobaby Metro+ which is more expensive than the plain old Metro that we bought last year (for just over £200) - still cheaper than the Yoyo but quite a bit more than some of the other options on here. Works to take as checked baggage on a plane though, which we have done successfully - major plus!

Please
or

PainAuChocowhat · 22/10/2021 15:24

@Shmithecat2

You could get a decent 2nd hand Yoyo for that budget. Brilliant travel pushchairs.

I was hoping to do this as I’ve heard good things about the Yoyo but the second hand ones in my area seem to start at £250 for a bit of a grubby one
OP's posts:
Please
or

Etherealhedgehog · 22/10/2021 15:34

@PainAuChocowhat honestly recommend checking out the Ergobaby one - everyone in my area has a Yoyo, the airlines seem to use 'Yoyo' as shorthand for buggy which can go in the overhead locker (oh sorry, I see I said checked baggage above, I meant overhead locker) and one nursery even insists parents buy a Yoyo as if it was the only compact folding buggy on the market! It's clearly good but they've also done a blinder with their marketing. I can't identify anything it does that the Ergobaby doesn't, for less money (though the Ergobaby does come in fewer pretty colours, and no judgement for wanting those.... I was nearly swayed...)

Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 22/10/2021 16:38

[quote Etherealhedgehog]@PainAuChocowhat honestly recommend checking out the Ergobaby one - everyone in my area has a Yoyo, the airlines seem to use 'Yoyo' as shorthand for buggy which can go in the overhead locker (oh sorry, I see I said checked baggage above, I meant overhead locker) and one nursery even insists parents buy a Yoyo as if it was the only compact folding buggy on the market! It's clearly good but they've also done a blinder with their marketing. I can't identify anything it does that the Ergobaby doesn't, for less money (though the Ergobaby does come in fewer pretty colours, and no judgement for wanting those.... I was nearly swayed...)[/quote]
The Yoyo+ (52×44×18) does fold down smaller (most importantly, flatter) than Ergobaby (52×44×23). It also weighs slightly less. Both major considerations for me as it was solely a pushchair to fly with/carried as hand luggage.

Please
or

Etherealhedgehog · 22/10/2021 19:50

@shmithecat2 fair enough, I did not know that (and apologies, post didn't mean to sound quite that judgey!) I just get a bit infuriated when businesses promote one brand in particular as if there were no alternatives - it's expensive enough to pay for nursery without having to buy a particular high-end buggy for the privelige! And I suspect there are a lot of people who would like something like a Yoyo, for whom a few cm here or there is not important, who would rather not spend the extra money

Please
or

Shmithecat2 · 22/10/2021 22:02

[quote Etherealhedgehog]@shmithecat2 fair enough, I did not know that (and apologies, post didn't mean to sound quite that judgey!) I just get a bit infuriated when businesses promote one brand in particular as if there were no alternatives - it's expensive enough to pay for nursery without having to buy a particular high-end buggy for the privelige! And I suspect there are a lot of people who would like something like a Yoyo, for whom a few cm here or there is not important, who would rather not spend the extra money[/quote]
Totally get what you're saying! Smile.

Please
or

lisaandalan · 22/10/2021 22:46

Babyzen yo-yo. X

Please
or

Chelyanne · 22/10/2021 23:58

We have a Zeta Vooom. Got pram, fleece footmuff and a bigger raincover (pram inc small one) for £70. I can fold it down and carry with baby in one arm, it also has a big hood. We had the double version for our twins and it lasted really well.

Please
or

Danikm151 · 23/10/2021 01:21

Chicco trolley me. Has a pull along handle like a suitcase once folded up(one had fold too)

Please
or

Danikm151 · 23/10/2021 01:21

*one hand fold!

Please
or

catblanket · 23/10/2021 01:27

Babyzen Yoyo. They’re recognised by many of the airlines (literally the staff recognise one when they see it!) and you can take them into the cabin. Plus, they’re actually a fantastic buggy anyway, as well as being useful for holidays.

Please
or

Shapesandcolours · 23/10/2021 15:09

The Mammas and Papas Accro is a brilliant buggy. Very lightweight and easy to put up and down. Very small folded. Hardly see anyone else with it so I don't think it's well known - I love it. Took it on holiday a few years ago and then started using it as main buggy!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.