My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

Baby trike on bus?

9 replies

ReySky · 30/09/2020 07:46

My 9 month old DS has always been a pushchair / sling / baby carrier refuser, and last month someone recommended I buy him a trike, which I did and he absolutely loves it. It has literally changed my life in that I can leave the house and go for a walk for longer than ten minutes without him having a meltdown. However I still can't go very far with him, I don't drive and live an hour's walk (round trip) from town. I am feeling very isolated and miss just popping to town for a browse or a coffee etc. I am wondering if people think it would be acceptable to take the trike on a bus? I would obviously move if space was required by a wheelchair user. It is around the same size as a pushchair, perhaps slightly longer, but it doesn't fold away. I'm desperate to start getting out and about more but worried it would not go down very well with other bus users? I am starting driving lessons shortly but in the meantime, and before it gets horribly cold, I'd love to get out. Thank you Smile

OP posts:
DappledThings · 30/09/2020 07:50

I wouldn't bat an eyelid. It's fine.

TwoLeftSocksWithHoles · 30/09/2020 07:51

I would ask your bus company if it is acceptable.

If you had to move it for a wheelchair, where would you move it to?

Sirzy · 30/09/2020 07:52

As long as your willing to get off for a wheelchair then I don’t see a problem

Stopthehop · 30/09/2020 07:53

There would be nowhere to move it to on the bus so I wouldn't take it.

ShyTown · 30/09/2020 07:54

Since you can’t fold it, you’ll have to get off the bus and wait for the next one should the space be required by a wheelchair user. But as long as you’re ok with that then I don’t see an issue.

PaulinePetrovaPosey · 30/09/2020 07:57

I absolutely would. A long as you move if you need to it's no problem at all!

Veterinari · 30/09/2020 07:57

You need to check with the bus company. Most buses won't take bikes or other non-collapsible items (except wheelchairs)

seayork2020 · 30/09/2020 07:57

I personally would not have done that, what if wheel chair users got on there would be no where to move it too.

If it folded down sure I would if I checked with the bus company but I think they would be fine with a fold down one

ivfbeenbusy · 30/09/2020 08:01

I had a similar trike for DD - guessing it's the ones with the handle on the back for you to push/steer. I wouldn't have taken mine on the bus. 30 mins walk to town and then 30 mins back again isn't all that far. With our trike the seat reclined a bit in case she fell asleep on the walk and the bag on the back held loads of shopping

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.