My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Working parents whose nursery children start school in September

4 replies

FimbleHobbs · 27/04/2009 11:12

I don't really know how to phrase this but DS starts school mid September and I will be v busy at work in August so can't really take time off. I don't want to leave him at nursery if all his peers leave at the start of the summer, otherwise it will be a bit disruptive for him to get used to the change of children and then change to big school. Then again I don't have a lot of choice!

What are you doing about taking your child out of nursery, I wanted to get a feel for what is 'normal'... I can't be the only parent in this situation can I?

OP posts:
Songbird · 27/04/2009 11:15

Um, dd will stay in nursery until she starts school. Working during summer hols is the same as any other time of year for me, I don't work in a school.

TigerFeet · 27/04/2009 11:16

My daughter started school this year, I was in your position last August.

About half of dd's class left in July but the other half were there until school started again in September - like you I was worried until I realised that dh and I couldn't be the only parents who weren't able to take the whole summer off. Most parents only get 4 or 5 weeks a year holiday so it just isn't feasible.

Try not to worry, I doubt you'll be the only one

purepurple · 27/04/2009 11:22

don't worry
lots of children are still at nursery during the summer
i work in a pre-school and I know that at least 2/3s of our group of children will be here till they go to school

we also do holiday care so some of their school age brothers and sisters will be coming too
our schools do staggered starts so some will be with us right up till the end of september
he will be fine staying at nursery

FimbleHobbs · 27/04/2009 11:30

Thanks for the reassurance, that is great to hear. I am quite nervous of him starting school so want to make sure he has a good lead up to it to really build his confidence.
Thanks again

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.