My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

Have booked dd in for a whole day from Sept...any bad experiences?

5 replies

BottlebinBerrie · 06/05/2008 07:34

I know a lot of you will think this really silly but I'm having serious doubts. From September I've booked dd in for a whole day so that I can get some time for planning and preparation time for the job I do in the evenings and also just to have a bit of time to myself. Ds will also be starting school and I'm thinking that things will be a bit quiet around here.
DD, who will be 3, is confident and sociable but I am feeling guilty. At the moment she goes to a playgroup for 3 hours once a week and has always been fine.

I suppose what I want to hear any bad experiences to confirm what a wicked thing it is that I'm planning to do!

OP posts:
EvelynsDad · 06/05/2008 21:45

Our little girl loves her nursery. Lots of friends and stimulating activities. Usually she doesn't want to come home at the end of the day

I bet your DD will love it.

LoveMyGirls · 06/05/2008 21:49

Don't worry i'm sure she will love it, making friends and gaining independance.

did you know she is entitled to 5 free mornings per week if you live in england?

auntyspan · 06/05/2008 21:51

It sounds like she'll love it. It will give her loads of confidence, she'll enjoy mixing with the other kids, and give you a br eak too.

My DD loves nursery and asks every morning if it's a "nursery day"

callmeovercautious · 06/05/2008 21:52

DD is 20m and goes 3 days a week whilst I work. She loves it. So much so she runs away when she sees me come in and does not want to come home

Pavlovthecat · 06/05/2008 21:52

She will absolutely love it. It might take her a few weeks to settle, that is perfectly normal, and it will be great for her.

My DD aged 22 months goes 1 day a week, she loves it. Its part of her weekly routine and I think she even misses it if she does not go.

One of my BF DS is 3 and he goes for 1 day too, started recently and he just flourished there. He was already well developed, but his speech is even more developed, social skills increasing even more, it is noticeable.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.