Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Oxford childcare options for under 1

KWat · 18/02/2018 10:42

I'm looking for a good childcare option from 2-3 months old (from the end of this year) either in East Oxford or North Oxford. A Google search has come up with a few options, but many seem to have had patchy Ofstead reports or user reports over the years. Lots of the threads on Mumsnet seem to be a few years old - so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has a more recent experience of any of the various daycare or nursery options in Oxford. Thanks in advance!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat · 18/02/2018 10:43

For that age I would be looking at a childminder. Contact the family information service at your LA for providers.

Please
or

KWat · 19/02/2018 07:04

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into it as an alternative. There seem to be quite a few nurseries that take children from that age though. Any experiences of nurseries in Oxford (let's say regardless of age for now) would be greatly appreciated.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NameChange30 · 19/02/2018 07:07

YY to childminder

Nothing against a good nursery (my son started part time at nursery aged 8 months) but 2-3 months is way too young.

Find a good childminder. If there is a local parents Facebook group that would be a good place to ask for recommendations. There’s also Mumsnet local. Or just look up the list of registered childminders near you and meet some of them.

Please
or

BeBesideTheSea · 19/02/2018 07:08

St Thomas’s is an absolutely brilliant nursery.

Please
or

annandale · 19/02/2018 07:17

St thomas's or Willow cottage in Farmoor were the only nurseries I would have considered for ds but we were further west. In the end we went for a nanny-share but the right childminder would have been an option -unfortunately we had the wrong childminder very briefly (not terrible just wrong for us).

Please
or

Member212711 · 22/02/2018 14:32

Another vote for St Thomas's here. I would always vote for (the right) nursery!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.