My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find nursery advice from other Mumsnetters on our Nursery forum.

Nurseries

DS aged 2 has to wear a uniform................what????

17 replies

SANA · 10/04/2007 16:14

Okay my DS 2.2 is moving class after easter and I have been told he has to wear a uniform which they sell, the tops r £11 each, I think this is absurd as i will need to buy at least 5 ( one for each day at least)which he will probably grow out of tomorrow, I am not going to chage his nursery he loves it but I just think this is tooooooooooooooo young

okay sorry rant over

OP posts:
belgo · 10/04/2007 16:15

can you buy them second hand?

MerlinsBeard · 10/04/2007 16:16

why would you have to buy 5? will your DS have 5 school jumpers when he goes to school?

its prob so its easier to identify which children belong to the nursery and which are accompanying them to and fro

Aimsmum · 10/04/2007 16:17

Message withdrawn

harpsichordcarrier · 10/04/2007 16:17

hahahaha good joke.
are you serious?
you need to get a new nursery.
I mean WTF??? you are being supremely ripped off for absolutely no reason

harpsichordcarrier · 10/04/2007 16:18

what will happen if he doesn't wear the uniform? will he have to sit on the naughty step??
is this a private nursery?

NuttyMuffins · 10/04/2007 16:18

Ds's nursery wear a uniform once they are in the pre school room (so aged 3.6 ish).

Sweatshirts are about £8 and the polo shirt about £6 IIRC.

I prefer it, less hassle in the morning.

drosophila · 10/04/2007 16:20

DD is in a nursery too that has this. I htink it is crazy (although it will mean that DP will not send her to nursery in her PJ top like he did once - 'I don't now what her clothes look like').

In our nursery you have to buy the bottoms elsewhere and I fond it impossible to find a grey skirt or triusers to fit her. Finally found a light grey track suit bottom in Adams.

Why do they do it?

Get's them ready for school I was told. Eh?

belgo · 10/04/2007 16:20

did you not know this when you signed him in for the nursery?

harpsichordcarrier · 10/04/2007 16:21

less hassle than what? it's surely precisely the same as putting on any other sort of clothes.
what is the point of putting tiny children in uniform? a 2.2 yo? I just don't get it.

NuttyMuffins · 10/04/2007 16:21

They can wear whatever bottoms they like at Ds's, I buy cheap joggers from asda or sportsworld.

speedymama · 10/04/2007 16:22

Wait until he hits 3yo. My DTS nursery started giving them homework.

drosophila · 10/04/2007 16:22

I knew but I thought it was from aged 3 which I can live with. I just assumed I guess.

harpsichordcarrier · 10/04/2007 16:24

Christ's sake the world's gone mad.
let the little children wear clothes the clothes they want. how about little children wearing different colours! goodness gracious whatever next. and fgs homework?!?!

SANA · 10/04/2007 16:30

I think if u dont put your LO in the uniform the mummy has to go on the naughty step. As thats one min for each year I am going to be there a long time...ha ha

I am being ripped off....i have got so many clothes for him which he now just wont be able to wear all week....I wont be buying anymore in the future

I will buy 5 as I organise DS's clothes on Sunday as DH has to get him dressed and I dont have time in the week and I cant be relied on to make sure I do the wash.. ( the 5th one is a spare he will take in)

OP posts:
drosophila · 10/04/2007 16:33

Harpsi I agreee I think it is crazy.

NAB3 · 10/04/2007 16:37

I would suggest you could manage with 3 as you will be constantly washing with a little one anyway.
The nursery my daughter used to go to had an optional tshirt and jumper which were quite pricey. Don't see the point myself.

NAB3 · 10/04/2007 16:38

And as for not ruining home clothes, clothes are so cheap these days at supermarkets I hardly think it is saving anything.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.