DD1 (3.7) has just started at the local school nursery. We've settled her in at the afternoon session (12.55 - 3.25pm) but now a morning (9.05-11.35am) place has come up which we can have her to if we want. She has only done 3 half sessions so far so hasn't bonded much with the other kids yet so no problem moving her on that score. However, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on whether you prefer morning or afternoon if you have kids at school nursery?
I also have another DD who is 9mths and I need to know how best to manage her naps around the whole school run thing. She is still napping for 1-2hrs in the am and about an hr pm, although I guess this will change (? DD1 never had a consistent nap pattern so I have nothing to go on)
my thoughts are
- pro - the rest of the day is free to do what we want in
- con - have to get them both up and out of the house by 8.40 (can be tricky!)
- con- will interfere with DD2 current nap pattern
- pro - can have lazier start to the day
- pro - DD2 can still have her long morning nap
- con- can't really do much else in the day, ok, can do something in morning but always have to be home to get to school by 12.55
anyone got any other thoughts, or can tell me what works best for you?