My feed

to access all these features

Newbies' corner

Residential mortgage - do you disclose if you move and rent it out?

8 replies

CUSP17 · 18/08/2017 10:13

Hi Everyone
Hello and Good Morning

Does anybody recently applied to HSBC for consent letter to let the residential property ?

What is there criteria now to provide Consent to let?

Read some earlier posts from ianstupid and Gonzo33 when in 2011-12 both had been given for consent to let their homes without any problems from HSBC?

What could be possibility now a days if I want to apply for consent to let from HSBC?

Pls advice


OP posts:
pingu73 · 18/08/2017 10:22

I work for Halifax and consent to lease is very common so you shouldn't have any issues. You will need to let your home insurance know as well

Dina1234 · 18/08/2017 10:45

If you let it out without telling your lender that would breach your agreement.

CUSP17 · 18/08/2017 11:02

Is there any particular criteria in which Mortgage providers give consent to let?

OP posts:
pingu73 · 18/08/2017 11:05

I don't think so everyone I have put through for consent to lease hasn't had an issue. Just call them xx

CUSP17 · 18/08/2017 11:32

Thanks pingu73

OP posts:
revelsandrose · 18/08/2017 11:33

Hi pingu can I just ask what would happen in the other scenario, that you would move into and live in a property that you had a buy to let mortgage on?

pingu73 · 18/08/2017 11:45

As in your living in a property you had buy to let on??
You would need to change it to residential mortgage ... buy to let mortgages can generally have a higher interest rate on anyway so may make financial sense to change it
Depends on what your circumstances are obviously xx

CUSP17 · 18/08/2017 12:37

Hi all
Just spoke to HSBC and they said I need to write in to request for Consent to let in my living in property. It will be for maxi 12 months only and can be applied no more than 2 weeks max from the day you want to property on let.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.