Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email [email protected] Non MN surveys will be deleted.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Have a child aged 16-22 and live in the UK? Take this survey - £100 voucher to be won

YanaMumsnet · 16/09/2020 13:49

We'd like to find out more about your children’s career aspirations and your attitudes towards them continuing their education.

This survey is open to all MNers with at least 1 child aged between 16 and 22 and living in the UK.

To start the survey, please click here.

All who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where 1 winner will win a £100 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Have a child aged 16-22 and live in the UK? Take this survey - £100 voucher to be won
OP's posts:
Please
or

prettybird · 17/09/2020 14:02

Question 13 is very poor as it assumes a particular positive answer or three negative answers. Hmm

I ended up having to answer "happy about it [a gap year] and would encourage them to do it" because all the other answers assumed a degree of nervousness or unhappiness Confused. In fact, the true answer is "I would neither encourage nor discourage my child as it is up to them"

Please
or

YanaMumsnet · 17/09/2020 16:59

Thank you for letting us know @prettybird and apologies for not spotting it earlier. We've now added such option to the question.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ISBN111 · 19/09/2020 13:08

Are you wanting responses for 16 yr olds who are in yr 11? The survey doesn’t seem to be designed for that age group.

Please
or

Imonlydoingwhatican · 19/09/2020 14:37

Done

Please
or

Soozikinzii · 19/09/2020 15:03

I clicked that I didn't have a child at home because my youngest son is 22 so I don't count him as a child so then I couldn't do the rest of the survey!

Please
or

poorbuthappy · 21/09/2020 10:08

@ISBN111

Are you wanting responses for 16 yr olds who are in yr 11? The survey doesn’t seem to be designed for that age group.

Yep - this is designed for Year 12 / 13 and above. Not 16 year olds in year 11. Can you please advise? @YanaMumsnet
Please
or

YanaMumsnet · 22/09/2020 12:40

Thank you for flagging this. Yes, the survey is for children who have completed Year 11. Apologies for the confusion.

OP's posts:
Please
or

RoseDog · 22/09/2020 13:59

I'm in Scotland and the education system is different, I've answered as I was in England but the survey title should say England and not UK!

Please
or

Satv1986 · 22/09/2020 16:24

Hi my my local council informed me about sending my son to a utc next year when he starts year 9? Has anyone had any experience of utc college?im really worried he struggles in aspects at school and so I want to make the best decision for him which will help him for his future

Please
or

BackforGood · 22/09/2020 22:52

Sorry, I couldn't get past question 6.

These wasn't "an age" when they started 'considering their prospects after school' - it's a sort of ever evolving discussion from when they wanted to be ice cream sellers and archaeologists when they were about 4. It has changed many times over the years.

But there is no box to cover 'no particular age' and it won't let me carry on without answering this.

Please
or

ISBN111 · 22/09/2020 23:14

@Satv1986

UTC’s can be quite focussed to a particular area of industry. We have one which is science and tech based. My pal’s daughter didn’t go there because the curriculum was too narrow; there are subjects that you can’t do.

If the UTC is a good fit your your son’s interests, i would look into it.

You should really start up your own thread in secondary education about this; i’m sure There are people out there making the same decisions, who will discuss with you.
All the best x

Please
or

lljkk · 26/09/2020 19:20

I wanted more idk or can't remember options

Please
or

LucyBMumsnet · 29/09/2020 11:41

Thank you to everyone who completed this survey. I am happy to announce that the prize draw winner is @Skerryberry - congratulations!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.