My feed

to access all these features

Find financial and money saving discussions including debt and pension chat on our Money forum.

Money matters

How Do You Report Someone Not Paying Tax?

4 replies

Quootiepie · 15/01/2007 23:02

I thought I did it right on a website, but over week later they are still working... so I'm not sure I did it right.

Many Thanks xXx

OP posts:
noddyholder · 15/01/2007 23:08

I wouldn't Let karma and self respect deal with them But thats me Sorry

dassie · 16/01/2007 09:31

It will take a while to filter through the system and they will have to investigate etc as they can't just take your word for it.

Try HM Revenue & Customs website for a phone number.

Ladymuck · 16/01/2007 09:47

Good grief - nothing will be done within a week!

I'd allow 1-2 years before seeing a result. Sometimes takes longer, and depends on whether it is part of a bigger operation or not. If you're ringing again then give an esitmate of the tax that might be at stake. If it is significant then they may prioritise.

Jbck · 16/01/2007 19:47

Here's the place to do it, but it will take a lot more than a week for something to happen. If HMRC investigate the person, they may continue to work dependent on what happens with the investigation.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.