My feed

to access all these features

Find financial and money saving discussions including debt and pension chat on our Money forum.

Money matters

would someone just TELL me what to do with this child £250 government voucher thingie and i'll do it. all the info i've read is too confusing. what do i do with it?

7 replies

AitchTwoOh · 18/11/2006 10:48

and that's if i can find it, of course... why on earth would you send something so important to a woman with a small baby? i have no idea where it is but assuming i can find it, i have about two weeks to get it sorted out.

what did everyone else do with them?
thanks ever so much in advance... once i've cracked this i'm going to start a thread asking how to become less admin-phobic, i promise

OP posts:
totaleclipse · 18/11/2006 10:49

I forgot too, and they opened an account on my behalf.

lulumama · 18/11/2006 10:51

you have 13 months to do it!

i opened it with asda as got a #25 george gift voucher! not a financial whizz ,me!

DumbledoresGirl · 18/11/2006 10:52

If you like, just leave it and do nothing. You don't lose the money. The government open an account for you with it if you don't act within the time limit. I know this, because I forgto to do anything about the one my son got.

littleducks · 18/11/2006 11:29

you can change the account at any time, so why not go with one that gives you free vouchers, asda/boots/mothercare and if you wangt a more financially driven decision later change it.

mrsflowerpot · 18/11/2006 11:32

here you go .

Yorkshire and Britannia come out top and you can usually do it online .

AitchTwoOh · 18/11/2006 13:38

i can do it online? now you're talking, mrs flowerpot, thanks. i do like moneysavingexpert but this whole subject brings me out in hives for some reason. (i almost wish you hadn't told me i had 13 months, lulu... i'll just put it off now...)

OP posts:
CristinaTheAstonishing · 18/11/2006 13:46

If you don't do it yourself they'll get invested automatically after a while. We went that route.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.