My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

FALSE POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST?

24 replies

busybuzybee · 25/07/2009 16:44

Hi there. I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a miscarriage on 30 June when I was only 5 weeks pregnant. Everything happened naturally and I had a blood test on 7 July which said my HCG levels had dropped to 10. Today however I did two clearblue pregnancy tests - the first one was just the normal Clearblue Plus and that came back a 'strong' positive. This afternoon I did a Clearblue digital test and that has come back saying I am 1-2 weeks pregnant. I haven't had a period yet since my miscarriage and if it was going to be 28 days after it would be about Monday.

Do you think I still have lots of HCG left in me? I know from reading charts that if it comes up as 1-2 weeks then you must have at least 40 mIU of HCG. Mine was 10 on 7 July.

I just dont want to get my hopes up but I don't really 'feel' pregnant.

OP posts:
FabBakerGirlIsBack · 25/07/2009 16:46

You could have been pregnant with twins.

I would see your GP.

busybuzybee · 25/07/2009 16:56

No I couldn't have been pregnant with twins and only lost one otherwise the HCG levels wouldnt have dropped so low and so quick.

OP posts:
FabBakerGirlIsBack · 25/07/2009 17:20

okay

just going on my experience

i hope you get some answers

busybuzybee · 25/07/2009 17:29

Thank you though xx

OP posts:
skybright · 25/07/2009 17:36

It would be strange to get two positive results after two weeks and it dropping to 10 HCG. (Without pregnancy a womens levels are 5).

I think you are most probably pregnant again,congratulations.

busybuzybee · 31/07/2009 18:23

Today I did another digital clearblue test and it has come back at 3+ weeks pregnant. I do have period pains it seems though so does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be happening. The test said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant last Saturday. ?????!!!!

OP posts:
MrsHappy · 31/07/2009 18:32

I would say you are pregnant.

I think it would be odd for HCG levels to drop so low and then be on the increase 5 weeks later without there being a new pregnancy. I do not believe that the CBD conception indicator is all that accurate (normal range HCG levels are so broad) but the fact that they appear to be increasing suggests a developing pregnancy.

Period-type pains in early pregnancy are completely normal IME.

I think you should get yourself to your EPAU, explain to them what is going on and have them confirm the pregnancy.

busybuzybee · 03/08/2009 18:51

Just to keep updated. It is now 2 August. I still have not started my period. I am having to need a wee a lot. I am also constipated and my boobs are sore but not mega sore. I havent been to doctor yet as I am out of the country with work and can't get to one. I phoned Clearblue this morning for some advice but she was extremely unhelpful and said maybe their tests were wrong but I have no idea what is going on still. Arghhhhhh!

OP posts:
dcb · 04/08/2009 18:50

Sounds like you are PG to me

busybuzybee · 06/08/2009 19:20

Just thought I would add the next chapter! I had an HCG test today and my levels were 10,057! OMG!!!!!

OP posts:
HeadFairy · 06/08/2009 19:23

Blimey!!! So I guess you're pregnant then?? Congratulations Can they give you an estimate as to how far gone you are based on those levels or is that not possible without a scan. How exciting and lovely for you!!!!

busybuzybee · 06/08/2009 19:47

I miscarried on 30 June so they are working it out from then. I am still very very nervous. Still keep crying. Emotions all over the show.

OP posts:
HeadFairy · 06/08/2009 19:48

Oh wow, scary time but so exciting too (I'm 20 weeks pg following 2 mcs back to back so I know where you're coming from) I hope things go ok.

liahgen · 06/08/2009 19:49

buzy that's lovely news.

Possible could have been twins, think it's more likely you conceived immediately, I did with my dc4 after a mmc at 12 wks.

dcb · 06/08/2009 19:53

Lovely news

Dozer · 07/08/2009 14:23

Best wishes busybusybee!

hellymelly · 07/08/2009 14:25

oh that has made me cry! lovely! congratulations to you!

busybuzybee · 12/08/2009 19:29

Thank you all very much xxxx

OP posts:
Kileyrs · 14/08/2009 02:33

Hey Buzybee, I was just reading your posts here and wanted to say CONGRATS! Keep us all updated, I can tell youre very excited and I wish you the very best with this pregnancy! =)

PeachesMac · 14/08/2009 14:35

That is lovely news! Congratulations! A Dr friend told me that after a miscarriage a woman is extremely fertile!

busybuzybee · 18/08/2009 08:36

Thank you very much. I am 7 weeks today. Still checking the toilet paper every time I go to the loo but hey ho.

OP posts:
ZippysMum · 18/08/2009 08:46

Wow, busybee - what a rollercoaster!
(didn't help that I just read the whole thread in about 2 mins!)

Huge congratulations!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

lisad123wantsherquoteinDM · 18/08/2009 08:56

congrats to you.

Piper03 · 28/05/2012 13:04

Hi there,
I have had a similar thing happen to me.
I miscarried 2 months ago.
I did a clearblue digital test and it showed positive 2 days ago.
We were so happy as we've been trying.
I did a cheapie test to get rid of it that was here and it showed negative!
Then yesterday i did another clearblue digital one but it has showed positive again!!
I'm so confused and upset and today i have a bleed.
i dont know whats going on.
How did you get on busybuzybee? :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.