My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Missed miscarriage sensitive question

11 replies

LW678 · 18/11/2023 10:49

Hi all, I am currently going through medical management due to a missed miscarriage. I took the initial one tablet in hospital on Wednesday and started bleeding Thursday evening, I took the 4 pessaries on Friday early morning. Had heavy bleeding and 2 big blood clots soon after. I am still bleeding but haven’t passed anymore clots and am yet to see the sac. I know it’s an extremely sensitive subject but if you are willing to respond I would really appreciate it. Did you see when the sac had passed and if so, when did it pass? I am worrying that it has happened yet and will therefore need to go down the surgery route to pass it. Thank you.

OP posts:
RosesAndHellebores · 18/11/2023 10:55

@LW678 I am sorry for your loss. I have had many miscarriages and think a missed miscarriage is one of the hardest to bear so my sympathy. My MMC was dealt with surgically and many, many years ago.

I never particularly looked at what I passed when I miscarried so cannot help you there. However, what I would say is that for me every miscarriage was different and I'd find it hard to advise someone else.

If you are struggling or feeling unwell next week a Dr's appointment will do no harm, providing there's a sympathetic GP on the end of it.

NinNinJin · 19/11/2023 01:08

My baby was 9 weeks. I passed the sac and it was quite big and v difficult not to notice. Size of an apricot. It is very different from the other tissue. I was standing in the bath so that I didn't miss it. I passed it within 6 h of starting cramping. Basically I felt it coming. The pain was similar to birth pain. I definitely felt contractions. I'm still bleeding, 5 says later, sometimes heavily.
I'm sorry for your loss. It is difficult.

RosaCaramella · 19/11/2023 02:13

Hi, I’m sorry for your loss.
I felt tremendous pain for an hour or so leading up to passing the sac. Not sure if it’s the same for everyone or maybe depends on how far along you were. Xx

Agathapoirot · 19/11/2023 07:24

Sorry you’re going through this. At 8 weeks I felt a lot of painful cramps and pressure, I didn’t look but know I passed some sizeable bits. Was all over about 8 hours after I inserted the second tablets.

I was expecting more, and my bleeding settled very quickly and positive tests stuck around for 5 weeks, but a scan confirmed all was passed,

if you’re worried I would contact EPU and request scan, only way to be sure and it’ll be different experience for everyone.

Garman · 19/11/2023 07:46

Not sure how many weeks you are/were, but I was 10 weeks measuring 6-7 weeks when it had stopped growing. This is quite TMI but anyway. My mmc started naturally with just a tiny drop of blood on a Sunday night, small amount of blood on Monday but cervix was closed, basically full blown labour overnight on the Monday with lots of bleeding and clots. I thought that was it but I still felt sore and crap, and then all of a sudden on the Thursday I bent down to pick up something heavy and felt something fall out. Went to bathroom to check and there was no mistaking the sac, as someone else said it was about the size of an apricot, totally different texture and appearance to a clot. The soreness and odd heavy feeling was gone immediately. I ended up having to take the pessaries because some tissue remained in the cervix but the medication did nothing for me, passed the last of it naturally a few days later, but the sac was unmistakable. Hope you're okay.

LW678 · 19/11/2023 10:01

Hi all - thanks for your responses. I passed the sac this morning which was intact so I am hoping that I’ve passed everything

OP posts:
Barney2009 · 19/11/2023 10:02

Hi OP, sorry for you loss. I am currently going through the same thing. I started to bleed 2 weeks ago today and was told the news. I have passed so many clots it’s unreal, and on Monday they gave me medical management. I passed what I thought was the rest of it that evening, but then on Friday morning a lot, and I mean a lot came out. Im
so fed up, EPU tell me this is normal, but I feel like I’ve been bleeding forever with no let up. It’s driving me slightly insane. Hope it gets better for you soon

LW678 · 19/11/2023 10:04

Sorry to hear that. Over 2 weeks is a long time to be bleeding for

OP posts:
Barney2009 · 19/11/2023 10:47

Honestly it’s awful. They tell me it can go on for up to 4 weeks so I guess I just have to go with it. It’s not heavy now but on Friday I was close to going to a&e. It’s so strange how it affects everyone so differently

NinNinJin · 19/11/2023 14:09

I have been booked for a scan next week to make sure it is all gone. You might want to check with your EPU. They were very understanding and helpful. I didn't expect I'd be able to get any more appointments but they have been very kind. Hope you are ok

Kaliou · 22/12/2023 00:48

Hi,

We have suffered 4 miscarriages in a row before giving birth to our daughter who is now 17 months old.
After going through all checkups nothing was wrong. The missed miscarriages always happening at 6-7 weeks were unexplained.
We were on steroids and progesterone with our successful pregnancy.

We started trying for baby 2. Went for a scan at 7 weeks baby measured 5 days behind but not to worry since the heartbeat was strong. Doctors advised against steroids since it is pretty common couples go on to have a successful pregnancy then. The womb do change especially after a successful pregnancy. 3 weeks later same scenario happened. Got scan no heartbeat foetus did not grow.

Has someone experienced the same situation-recurrent miscarriages > live birth > (recurrent) miscarriages again?

Also want to mention if someone reads and trying for baby number 1 suffering recurrent miscarriages it is possible!! I would not believe on my 5th pregnancy but yes you can give birth to a healthy baby.

Take care all

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.