My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Conceiving after chemical pregnancy

3 replies

Pastal0ver · 08/11/2023 12:57

Hi all..

I had a chemical pregnancy and miscarried just after 5 weeks on the 8th October 23.

After stressing about my period returning and speaking to my mum who herself had 3 miscarriages between 4 children. My mum mentioned that on two occassions she miscarried and found out the following month that she was pregnant again, and said maybe test to put your mind at ease.

I said I didn't want to know dates, didn't want to go through finding out and having another miscarriage I'd rather be blissfully unaware next time.. that's silly I know. But I've always been on top of tracking my periods so I tested today thinking well it'll definitely be negative and maybe my period will just be irregular for a while.

I see a line, what are the chances??? Does this actually happen or I'd this false?

I'm not getting stressed or excited to save myself the upset as it was only 4.5 weeks ago I had the chemical. Just confused really. Any ideas?

Conceiving after chemical pregnancy
OP posts:
Cariadxx · 10/11/2023 19:17

For starters, I wouldn't call it a chemical if your period was late. I wouldn't ever use that term anyway. A miscarriage is a miscarriage.
Secondly have you ever had a negative test after your miscarriage? As it could be incomplete miscarriage with retained products. Some people do conceive almost immediately though. Thirdly you aren't clear as to whether there is any chance you could be pregnant again so soon ie if you've had sex

Bay9 · 10/11/2023 20:05

@Pastal0ver

You absolutely can get pregnant straight away after an early miscarriage. I was pregnant in July, August, and September, all seperate pregnancies and sadly all ended in loss. I’m currently on a 2 month break before we try again with medication in December as the consultant I’ve seen had said you have a higher risk of another miscarriage if you try consecutively straight after a loss, I’m not sure how true that is but I definitely needed a break regardless.

Really hope this pregnancy goes well for you 💕

Lou739 · 24/01/2024 21:28

I had a chemical in august conceived on 2nd try and now another 5 months on or trying and nothing… any advice or good news

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.