Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Graphic image warning, I think I have just passed my gestational sac

HappyPie82 · 12/07/2022 08:25

I began bleeding last Thursday at 6w+5, I’d already been down to EPU Saturday before due to some spotting and pain. Scan had detected a gestational sac and yolk sac measuring more like 4w5d (By my maths I was around 5w5d, but unknown ovulation so not outside the realms of possibilities)

When I had spotting reappear on Thursday I rang EPU they said to keep an eye on it and ring back if I was flooding a pad in an hour.

Bleeding was heavier on Friday but still only enough to lightly mark a pad and be there when I wipe but definitely more on the red than brown side. This continued all weekend but without any specific pain other than more upper abdomen which felt more anxiety like.

Yesterday I thought I was maybe going into full miscarriage as the blood was heavier again. I passed one clot maybe the size of my thumbnail which was jelly like in consistency.

This morning I woke up and a felt something more akin to a period feeling. I felt that urge to go no 2 and thought maybe something was happening. However just a normal no 2. 5 mins later I felt the same urge but this time when I wiped there was this tissue on the loo roll.

Could this be the gestational sac?

I’d say my bleeding has never been so bad that I would have filled a pad in a day over the weekend, I kept changing more for hygiene reasons than anything.

I have a repeat scan at EPU on Monday and they won’t see me sooner as I guess there’s no real point.

Whilst the pregnancy came as a surprise I am utterly devastated to have lost my first pregnancy of a very much wanted baby

Graphic image warning, I think I have just passed my gestational sac
OP's posts:
Please
or

justbesensible · 12/07/2022 08:32

All may not be lost… Can you get another scan?

Please
or

HappyPie82 · 12/07/2022 08:37

justbesensible · 12/07/2022 08:32

All may not be lost… Can you get another scan?

I asked EPU, they’ve told me just to wait until Monday as I won’t make a difference.
A little bit of me has clung on to the idea that it could be SCH but the 6 days of bleeding just doesn’t fill me with confidence.

OP's posts:
Please
or

justbesensible · 12/07/2022 08:41

hang tight then I guess. Hopefully you can distract yourself until you can get the scan? I know it’s hard not to worry. Hopefully you have RL support?

Please
or

HappyPie82 · 12/07/2022 08:47

justbesensible · 12/07/2022 08:41

hang tight then I guess. Hopefully you can distract yourself until you can get the scan? I know it’s hard not to worry. Hopefully you have RL support?

Everyone around me is incredibly supportive…it’s just lonely as none of my friends or family have had a miscarriage.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ironytheoppositeofwrinkly · 12/07/2022 09:15

Hi, I've had 9 miscarriages, and that is definitely not your gestational sac in the picture. 100%. Now, that's not to say you're not miscarrying, but all is not lost. I hope your scan goes well, I'll keep everything crossed for you!

Please
or

HappyPie82 · 12/07/2022 09:22

Ironytheoppositeofwrinkly · 12/07/2022 09:15

Hi, I've had 9 miscarriages, and that is definitely not your gestational sac in the picture. 100%. Now, that's not to say you're not miscarrying, but all is not lost. I hope your scan goes well, I'll keep everything crossed for you!

❤️❤️
Thank you for the support.

OP's posts:
Please
or

rhowton · 12/07/2022 09:54

@HappyPie82 None of your friends and family have told you they have had a miscarriage, but they probably have.

Hand hold.

Please
or

JuniperandI · 12/07/2022 18:06

My fingers are crossed for you!
& @rhowton is right - when I started telling friends and family about my miscarriages I was met with so many heartbreaking miscarriage stories. It might be that your support network are trying not to worry you.

Please
or

DesignerRecliner · 12/07/2022 18:25

I'm also (sadly) a miscarriage veteran & at 6+5 that's not a gestational sac. Personally, I felt the moment the pregnancy sac passed each time and also saw that it was totally different to what you've shown. Good luck & I hope everything works out for you

Please
or

Sallycinnamum · 12/07/2022 18:37

OP it's a long time ago for me but with my first DC I had an awful bleed about 5 weeks in I think.

No pain but there was a significant sized blob.

I was scanned a few days later convinced I'd miscarried but all was well and he's now 13!

It was suggested at the time it wss a small cyst that had come away and I did have lots of pink spotting leading up to the bleed.

I hope that reassures you a bit. Good luck.

Please
or

HappyPie82 · 12/07/2022 19:43

Thanks for the reassurance everyone.
My bleeding continues but I will wait to see what Monday brings.

OP's posts:
Please
or

HappyPie82 · 18/07/2022 11:59

Sadly my scan confirmed what I already thought, the sac hasn't grown since my last scan two weeks ago, so I guess a MMC.
I now have to choose surgical or medical management.
I am so devastated by what has happened.

OP's posts:
Please
or

crawdaddio · 18/07/2022 20:11

Oh happypie I’m so so sorry. Sending hugs. Be kind to yourself xxxxx

Please
or

MissMaple82 · 18/07/2022 20:29

No, thats not the sac, trust me.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.