Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Static HCG but heartbeat?

DancingShoes20 · 19/04/2022 16:00

Hoping maybe someone might have a similar experience because Google is giving me no answers. Will try and give a brief overview and be accurate but my brain is a bit of a blur.

So went to EPU after some spotting. Had my HCG levels, they were 1200 at about 6+4 weeks, and then 2 days later only 1300. So I was called back in for a scan, possibly an ectopic pregnancy.
I mentally prepared myself that I would be spending my week at home having a miscarriage.
The ultrasound showed the pregnancy was in the right place, and there was a heartbeat. There was a bleed around the egg (?) and the embryo/ fetus (?) is measuring 3mm, so about 6 weeks. But the sac around it is only measuring 4-5, which could possibly be a result of the bleed or possibly not.

So I was told to go away and prepare myself for the worst, it's 50/50 and to come back for a scan in 2 weeks.

With the measurements and the HCG I can't see how it'll work out?

But hate being in this limbo now and waiting to see if I miscarry, or if at the scan there's no heartbeat. Or if by some chance that it's OK when we go back does this mean there will be problems with the baby long term?

I'm driving myself loopy googling and no being able to find anyone who seems have been through anything similar, good or bad.

OP's posts:
Please
or

melcalfe · 24/04/2022 10:25

Hi. I had a static HCG after bleeding.
I was 5 weeks, hospital measure HCG at 19,000. I went back two days later to see if baby is still ok, HCG was only 20,000.

I was convinced I lost it.

I am now 30 weeks and pregnancy has progressed well:) chunky bub.

They still can't explain why levels didn't double. Good luck x

Please
or

DancingShoes20 · 24/04/2022 16:22

Aww glad it's worked out for you ☺
Your hcg levels were lovely and high, mine are so low by comparison. I think that's why I don't feel pregnant, with my first I was sick and tired, but nothing with this one which is why I'm anticipating bad news at my scan 😔

OP's posts:
Please
or

melcalfe · 26/04/2022 07:51

How you going? 2 weeks is massive wait! Surely they can scan you after one week

Although I think nhs is two week wait.
You could go private? Depends how you're holding on. X

Please
or

DancingShoes20 · 26/04/2022 09:18

Unfortunately began bleeding last night, only lightly currently but I think it's safe to assume it's a miscarriage 😔 at least I can get some closure now hopefully.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.