Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mother's day

cheeseislife8 · 27/03/2022 14:39

I'm struggling today. I know I won't be alone in that, and I'm thinking of the other ladies on here feeling the same Flowers

Going to see my DM shortly and I need to get my shit together because it's her day, and she does deserve to be celebrated.
But I was meant to be a mother too, and I'm not. I feel so selfish for making it about me, but it's hard today.
I just needed to say something. Take care everyone

OP's posts:
Please
or

Asiama · 27/03/2022 18:17

I'm sorry you are struggling OP. You are a mother too, even if your baby is not with you Thanks

Please
or

Muddydogwalks · 27/03/2022 18:29

Feeling completely the same today. Keep going over my head all the what ifs and making myself feel even worse. Hopefully one day we will be celebrating it with our children. We mustn’t give up hope even tho it’s bloody hard.

Please
or

aftonwater · 27/03/2022 18:29

I’m so sorry you’re struggling today, your feelings are totally valid. Be kind to yourself.

Please
or

sophienelisse · 27/03/2022 18:49

I'm so sorry op you are clearly a lovely person trying to sort your emotions out to ensure your mum has a good day.

Sending an unmumsnetty hug and a big love. A big love in my area is what we call a big tight hug that is really meant.

Please
or

Lemonbell · 27/03/2022 20:33

Solidarity with you OP 💐

I have been to EPU today to be told I’m losing my baby. What a day for that to happen.

Please
or

Tofu35 · 27/03/2022 20:41

Solidarity 💐 today has been nice for spending time with my mum but no one has asked how I'm feeling as I should have been 7 months pregnant by now. I feel a mix of fine and shite. Lots of what ifs floating in my head.

I am so sorry @lemonbell, that is dreadful news at any time but particularly painful today xx

Please
or

Ellie5341 · 27/03/2022 21:14

Yea I've had some tears today.

Hugs to all x

Please
or

cheeseislife8 · 28/03/2022 07:41

Thank you everyone. Your responses all mean the world

@Lemonbell I'm so sorry you're going through it today of all days. It's always painful but today must be horrendous. Thinking of you.

Love to all x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Legoisaws8om · 28/03/2022 07:42

Sending love to everyone. My name was due on mother's day. It's been a very hard day for me mentally. Flowers

Please
or

Legoisaws8om · 28/03/2022 07:43

*baby

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.