Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Retained tissue 5 weeks post TFMR - vent

IVFWarrior40 · 16/03/2022 10:09

Hello,

I’m feeling very low at the moment and just need somewhere to vent.

On 6th Feb we said goodbye to our gorgeous little baby girl. I was 15 weeks pregnant. SadFlowers

Since then I’ve had complication after complication which is prolonging the agony.
I was readmitted a few days after the delivery with a massive bleed caused by retained tissue and an infection. They removed the tissue and I was put on antibiotics. A few weeks later I had another huge bleed which prompted some investigations so went for a scan yesterday and there’s still some placenta left inside! This is over 5 weeks on.
So I’m now booked in for an MVA this Friday.

On top of this I’ve woken up this morning with signs of re-infection. Going to the doctors shortly to get it checked out.

I’m just so fed up with it all. I just want to move forward from this but the thought of another intrusive procedure is so upsetting and bringing back some awful memories.

I’m really keen to get back to IVF treatment as at 41 I’m not getting any younger but I’m worried that the fact I’ve had an infection, retained tissue for so long coupled with a surgical procedure is going to put my fertility at risk.

I’ve read that the MVA can be quite painful. At this point I really don’t care. They can’t do anything to me now that would make me feel worse than I already do. Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

Yellowdott · 16/03/2022 12:32

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you've had a very traumatic experience :(

It's so unfair.

No advice as I haven't had an MVA, but I heard that they're very quick. Hope you won't be in too much pain and that this will be the last complication for you

Please
or

CupidStunt24 · 16/03/2022 21:19

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Just to (hopefully) try and help, I had an MVA 2 weeks ago and it was honestly ok. I had a pain killing suppository first, and that numbed everything, when they did the numbing injections in my cervix it felt more like pressure than any sharp pains or stinging. The procedure was a little uncomfortable (more like a period pain type cramp) but it was over so quickly. I know none of this takes away from what you’re going though, and I know everyone deals with things differently. But if I ever have to go through this again I would opt for the MVA again. X

Please
or

IVFWarrior40 · 17/03/2022 09:22

Thank you both so much for your responses xx

Cupidstunt24- thank you, that is very reassuring. I’ve been told to take 2 x co-codamol plus 2 x ibuprofen an hour before the procedure. I wonder if that will have similar numbing effect?
I’m really sorry that you have had to go through the same thing. Hope you are doing ok xx
I’m just very much looking forward to putting this all behind me. Hopefully not too much longer to wait. X

OP's posts:
Please
or

CupidStunt24 · 17/03/2022 16:49

I was told to take paracetamol before if I wanted but I actually forgot! But the suppository did work wonders, have they said if they will give you one of those? Even afterwards, I had quite intense cramps for all of about 2 minutes, but by the time they came back with my tea and biscuits it was gone. I really hope it goes smoothly for you, it sounds like you’ve been right through the mill with it all. I know it’s a horrible situation but hopefully this will be a big step to help you on your way to moving on Flowers xx

Please
or

Ellie5341 · 20/03/2022 03:36

I had MVA and god forbid in the same situation again that would be my choice. Although most days since I've had period pain which I was coming on here to ask about, just for reassurance.

I was ok physically the next day it was the emotional side that took longer.

Hopefully this will allow you to work through everything going on for you.

Big hugs. It's an awful thing mc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.