Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused at what my options are

Ellielou22 · 10/01/2022 17:57

So my husband and I have been ttc for a few months and 2 weeks ago delighted to see a positive pregnancy test I waited till after my period was due to test. I thought lucky us, so many people I know have problems or wait a long time, after a tough 2021 and losing my mum to cancer, this was just the start to the new year I’d hoped for.

So we decided to book an early scan to see all was well. At 6 + 3 I figured I should see a heart beat. But not only did we not see a heartbeat we saw nothing… no sign of pregnancy at all. She thought she could see a very faint sac but too blurry to confirm. We were referred to the local EPU and had another scan today… same thing nothing to see, she looked everywhere, Fallopian tubes and such but couldn’t see. I had my HCG checked and it’s 273… on the phone she said that would put me at 3 or 4 weeks pregnant which is probably why they can’t see anything. They’ll repeat in 48 hrs.

I am a realist and think this is not going to end well. I am desperately hoping it’s not ectopic as that can affect future pregnancy so now I await bleeding. I’ve had none at all, nor have I had any pain.

My husband however is ever the optimist and thinks there’s a chance that maybe things might work out and perhaps a baby will show and be viable, I’m very sure of my dates though, my periods are super regular 28days and I know when my last period was.

So I’m now in a state of limbo, I’d rather know if the pregnancy isn’t viable do that thought can be put to bed, but he keeps saying it and it’s making me think… can you be put back 2 weeks in early pregnancy… Is it actually a possibility…

OP's posts:
Please
or

PamelaDoov · 08/02/2022 16:23

Sorry you’re in a very nerve-wracking situation. If it helps at all, my second pregnancy was put back a week and a half from the dates I had worked out, and everything was fine. So it’s entirely possible.
Even if you were more like 6 weeks pregnant, that’s still very early. My local scanning centre won’t accept appointments until after 7 weeks.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.