Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Bleeding after miscarriage - what's normal?

Celoa · 27/12/2021 16:56

I had a MC at 9 weeks yesterday in the hospital.
While I was there I only passed two smallish clots and they said that was it over.

I was warned there would be a lot of blood and perhaps clots even the size of my palm, but there was nothing like that. It was very painful though.

Today I haven't even filled one sanitary pad. I'm worried that there's still a lot inside and it's not coming out. Does anyone have any advice?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BeLessMe · 27/12/2021 17:21

Flowers I’m sorry for your loss.
I’m assuming they scanned you if they said that was it?

One MC around 7 weeks I bled and had clots for a full 6 weeks, another slightly earlier MC it was a week of flooding and bleeding with clots but then my usual periods were heavy with large clots so, if I hadn’t known I was pregnant, I wouldn’t really have known as it wasn’t very different.

I hope you are able to get some support. Tommy’s have midwives trained in bereavement if you need to talk to someone. Take care of yourself.
www.tommys.org/baby-loss-support/miscarriage-information-and-support

Please
or

Celoa · 27/12/2021 17:28

Thank you for replying @BeLessMe

I'm sorry for your loss too. DaffodilThanks No, they didn't scan me - is that normal? They said they didn't have time to scan everyone.

I will check out that link xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

BeLessMe · 27/12/2021 18:34

Sorry I don’t know the info on scanning, I didn’t contact anyone for medical advice with mine, I just assumed they had scanned you as you’d been told that it was over. Wondering how they would know that without scanning?

Please
or

Celoa · 27/12/2021 19:46

I had to show them every time I went to the bathroom. There was a cardboard thing in the toilet to collect everything :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

BeLessMe · 27/12/2021 20:03

I see.
I suppose they know what exactly they are looking at.
So sorry Sad

Please
or

Celoa · 27/12/2021 20:22

Yes, you are probably right. I guess I'm overthinking it all.

OP's posts:
Please
or

janicewheeler · 27/12/2021 20:33

So sorry for your loss.
I miscarried at 8 weeks and passed three huge clots with minimal bleeding. I had a follow up scan as was still testing postive and they said it had all passed but my uterine lining was still very thick. My next period was very heavy and passed more clots. I too expected more from how the nurses explained it but I guess we're all different.

Please
or

shewillhaveherway · 27/12/2021 20:39

I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks and I have never ever seen so much blood and so many clots. It was just everywhere - probably for about 16 hours - but then nothing.

I am so sorry for your loss - I remember well the utter devastation. X

Please
or

Sammyjane1992 · 28/12/2021 11:53

Hi everyone

I did a a load of pregnancy tests that came back positive and a clear blue that said 1-2 weeks pregnant on the 20th December this month and on Christmas Day I started bleeding which then turned into blood clots when I wiped and some was in my pad I also had cramping so I’m guessing Iv had a early misscarriage my period was also due on the 25th

So this morning Iv woke up shaking and feeling hot Iv rang 111 and I’m waiting for a phone call back has anyone else had anything similar happen surely all the tissue would of come out as I’m not that far gone

Please
or

Sammyjane1992 · 28/12/2021 11:54

Sorry I didn’t realise I wrote on someone else’s post sorry about your experience

Please
or

Hoping4second · 28/12/2021 12:57

@Celoa get your gp to refer you for a scan, it is painless and only takes a few minutes and if there is stuff still inside you would be at risk for infection (which would cost the nhs a lot more money to fix, so you're saving them money by being pro-active about your health).

If you don't want to go that route do a pregnancy test in a couple of weeks, if it's negative you're ok.

So sorry you're going through this.

@Sammyjane1992 fever could be a sign of infection so ring them back if they take toi long getting back to you. So sorry for your loss.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.