Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Miscarriage end of august, still sad now

GeorginaE89 · 24/12/2021 04:20

Title explains it really, august 28th my medically managed missed miscarriage began, it was day 1 of week 12 and it went on for two weeks,for the last few months I’ve felt a lot better about it, not so sad and more understanding. But today I feel so sad and I don’t know why. I was wrapping Christmas presents for my parents and I just started crying and couldn’t stop. I don’t know why. My partner asked me why I was so upset and I couldn’t explain it I just feel overwhelmingly sad. I’m 32 now, no children and I long for a baby, my friends have babies as young as 4 months old and I envy them to the point I haven’t seen them since they gave birth. This is all over the place and doesn’t need a reply, just here to put my thoughts out into the universe in the hopes it helps in some way. Anyway, merry Christmas Eve all :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

marplemead · 24/12/2021 04:29

I'm so sorry for your loss Flowers

There is no time limit on grief. I've had three miscarriages, and I remember having moments of overwhelming sadness like you're experiencing, sometimes months later. Allowing myself to feel sad and crying helped. I only shared how I was feeling with people I knew weren't going to trot out hurtful clichés. It can be a very lovely time.

If I'm honest, the only thing that helped me to truly move on was to have children. I can now think about my lost babies without crying. Neither of my living babies would be possible without my losses, so I wouldn't changed what happened to me.

32 is young still. I had my first at around your age and my second at 36. Give yourself time to grieve and start TTC again when you are ready.

Please
or

marplemead · 24/12/2021 04:29

lonely not lovely!

Please
or

sbardy18 · 24/12/2021 04:41

Hey! Was in your shoes last Christmas after having a miscarriage in late November. I remember scrolling through Facebook and seeing all the baby announcements over Christmas and having a sinking feeling in my chest, not because I wasn't happy for those people but I wanted to be one of them. Little did I know that I was already pregnant then ( didn't find out till in January) I became obsessive with pregnancy tests but the results didn't show until later on. We weren't actively trying in the first pregnancy and I didn't think we would be pregnant until I got horrid cramps which were the sign for my miscarriage and it was confirmed in the hospital. I knew that the only healing would be to try again for a baby but with no period of clear ovulation date, I didn't have high hopes. Fast forward a year later and she's in arms.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an easy journey, and the birth was even more traumatic than any previous experience but it helped me heal. I still get upset when I remember my miscarriage, and I didn't share much about my pregnancy or birth being too scared it'll come to a terrible end. To this day I overthink everything but I think it's part of early motherhood.

I hope you get your happy break, clear blue ovulation sticks are pretty useful if you do plan to try again soon! They helped me with knowing when I was ovulating just after the miscarriage and pre period. X

Please
or

JenniferR2021 · 03/01/2022 01:26

I had a miscarriage in November at 10 weeks im still totally devastated

Please
or

HopingForMyRainbowBaby · 20/01/2022 19:44

I had my 4th one September 2019 and it still rips me apart every day. It's also the one that hit me the hardest because I'd gotten further along and seen Baby on ultrasound scans. Every day is constant thinking what would he or she look like

Please
or

JenniferR2021 · 20/01/2022 20:09

I was 10 weeks seen baby on scan later that night I lost it absolutely gutted still passed it in my bathroom 😭will never get the image out my head x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.