Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Naturally miscarrying after scan

Cruz86 · 25/11/2021 17:15

Hi everyone, I had a follow up scan this morning that confirmed baby had stopped growing a few weeks ago. I didn't think I'd miscarry naturally because I probably would have by now, so I'm going in on Monday to talk through the options. But, since finding out, I've started to feel quite crampy with lower back pain. Is there any truth to the fact that maybe my body is now able to process the loss and will now let go of everything naturally? Or could this just be psychological? I feel so underprepared and don't know if I'm more scared of it happening naturally or via surgery 😞

OP's posts:
Please
or

zurala · 25/11/2021 17:31

I've had five miscarriages, one was where I find out at the scan and I didn't actually miscarry to two weeks after that. I've done all mine at home and that felt right to me, they are painful in my experience, but I wouldn't have wanted to do it in hospital. For me, birthing my babies at home and saying goodbye to them was right for me.
You choose what feels right to you.

Please
or

Doodledeedum · 25/11/2021 17:57

@Cruz86 I'm sorry for your loss...
I've had two MMC
One I medicated as I was three weeks in and nothing happened, felt better to take control of it
Second also three weeks in and bleeding started on its own. I planned to medicate if it didn't continue but for me I had full aching for two days and then by the end of the third day I was getting stronger pains and the only way I could explain it to my partner was like I had a massive fart brewing in the area I usually get period bloat and pains .... 30 mins later I had what I think was amniotic fluid just gush out ... and more and then all the bleeding and clots was well under way.
I felt like medicated was much more painful and the expectant was painful but emotionally more acceptable....? I found that because it was happening out of my control it wasn't my fault so much where as with the medicated I felt I should take control but then had the WORST guilt even though my baby had already passed away.
It's strange but I think ( and hope it doesn't happen) if it happened again I'd prefer expectant where possible ( and I take control of everything in life where I can - that type of person)

I hope you have someone supportive with you and keep an eye on the amount you bleed xxx
So sorry again

Please
or

Cruz86 · 26/11/2021 20:01

Thank you both for replying. Baby stopped growing at around 5 weeks and I should be about 9 weeks now, so it's been 4 weeks with absolutely nothing happening naturally. I am starting to feel achy but only a dull constant ache, so I'm just not sure it's going to happen on its own 😞 I think I may have to have surgical intervention. Taking medication and the whole process of miscarrying at home scares me. What a horrible predicament to be in. I'm really so sorry for both of your losses too. You never realise just how painful it is until it happens to you 💔

OP's posts:
Please
or

Doodledeedum · 22/12/2021 15:29

@Cruz86 how are you doing x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.