Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Trying again

SunAndSea37 · 30/09/2021 23:37

Hi everyone, I’m recovering from a MC in the summer and think I might be ready to try again.

Problem is it was my first attempt and I cannot face going through that again. I’m nearly 37, my mum has terminal cancer and I’m desperate for her to meet my baby. I feel like the NHS would rather you just kept miscarrying for years on end than intervene.

I’m not really at the stage where I feel I could justify spending thousands on tests, but I would like to see someone privately who could e.g. arrange a prescription for progesterone if I started bleeding, discuss taking baby aspirin, those types of things. Does anyone have any ideas/experience of this?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Yutes · 01/10/2021 02:09

Not too much help, but similarly to you I feel I can’t have another miscarriage.

My miscarriage was a silent one. But I did manage to ask the doctor about using progesterone or baby aspirin.

From what I gather If you started bleeding - they would prescribe progesterone in that case, but only once you had started bleeding.
Baby aspirin again is not recommended by some doctors. I’m sorry, but I can’t really remember the reason that the doctor gave at the time, but I think it was one that satisfied me.
Different hospitals/trusts if you are UK, may have different protocols and doctors within those may prescribe differently too.

Not too much help for you; but a jumping off point

Please
or

Rtmhwales · 01/10/2021 02:36

Unfortunately my second pregnancy after my miscarriage was a chemical which was devastating. But I got pregnant on the cycle after, still early days but hopefully this works. Doctor told me to take aspirin while TTC so I'm still doing that.

Please
or

SunAndSea37 · 01/10/2021 18:49

Thank you so much @Rtmhwales and @Yutes for your insight and sorry to hear of your losses too.

I just want to be as prepared as possible. I am also highly sceptical of the “only 1pc of women have more than one MC” view as the recording of data is so poor/non-existent.

May start with my GP in that case and see how it goes.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.