Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Positive story after miscarriages please

babybumpfor2021 · 02/05/2021 15:22

I had my baby sleeping at 16+1 weeks on Tuesday 27th April, a missed miscarriage. It took us 2.5years to get pregnant and 4 rounds of clomid.

All I see is horror stories of infertility after or reoccurring miscarriages or stillborn.

Please share any positives stories I feel lost.

OP's posts:
Please
or

babybumpfor2021 · 05/05/2021 08:40

Anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

coconutlatte44 · 05/05/2021 13:56

Hi @babybumpfor2021,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My own story is very different to yours but I had a healthy pregnancy immediately after my first miscarriage and I now have a 15 month old son.
I have just miscarried again but am trying to stay positive as I know that in many cases miscarriages are a one-off case of bad luck.

Are you being supported by any doctors etc through your ttc journey?

Please
or

Schmetterling1 · 06/05/2021 19:47

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

I had a horrible drawn out miscarriage and fell pregnant soon after. I’m not going to lie, the pregnancy was very stressful at times. I paid for two extra scans as I was so scared and I couldn’t imagine having a healthy baby at the end of it.

But... all was well and she is the love of my life.

Please
or

Quincejam · 06/05/2021 20:11

I had 2 miscarriages a good few years ago, one naturally conceived, one using Clomid. I then got pregnant again using clomid a few months later and all was fine. Hope it works out for you 🤗

Please
or

Bogoroditse · 06/05/2021 20:22

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 4 miscarriages and (eventually ) 4 babies. It took such courage to keep trying, and I've spent much of the last 10 years desperately sad, terrified, furious with my body. I suspect I have 4 because I was so bloody determined to triumph over the heartbreak. So a very happy ending, although I'm still pretty mangled emotionally and physically!

Please
or

PicturesOfLily · 06/05/2021 20:28

So sorry for your loss. I had 2 early miscarriages at 6 weeks then 8 weeks. The second one really knocked me for six. But I got pregnant again a few months later and despite worrying all pregnancy that I wouldn’t have a baby at the end, dd1 is fast asleep upstairs. I’m currently snuggling baby dd2. So many women I know have had miscarriages and it’s utterly heartbreaking but they all have children now so there is hope.

Please
or

Quail15 · 06/05/2021 20:36

I'm sorry for your loss. My story started with 4 years of infertility followed by 3 rounds of IVF. I have very low egg reserve and poor quality. The 3rd round ( which included genetic testing of the embryos) was successful and I had my DD.

A year after she was born I found out I was naturally pregnant - it was amazing but unfortunately I misscarried at 6 weeks. I then got pregnant again but misscarried at 8 weeks. And again - pregnant with twin girls but lost them just past 12 weeks. I started to believe that I couldn't carry another baby.

I was on the waiting list for the NHS recurrent miscarriage clinic when I fell pregnant again. I spoke to a consultant who asked my GP to prescribe progesterone and aspirin. Maybe this helped or maybe it was just coincidence but this pregnancy was successful and is now my week old ds.

It has been an awful journey and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but it has been worth it.

It might be worth speaking with a private clinic or asking your gp to refer you to a Tommy's clinic - Tommy's will see women after 2 mc instead of the NHS 3 MC. Tommy's have a great support network on Facebook and I have found them really helpful.

Wishing you all the best X x

Please
or

babybumpfor2021 · 07/05/2021 06:17

Thank you for all your replies, miscarriages are so traumatic, however I believe not discussed enough! Especially late miscarriages!

@Quincejam I was worried that I wouldn't be allowed to have clomid again (had my chance kind of the thing) my fertility team have booked me in for 3-4 months time for a consultant to discuss what they can do to help if anything.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pesimistic · 09/05/2021 19:31

After my miscarage in October 19 I fell pregnant in Feb 20 and was a healthy pregnancy, baby is now 6 months old tomorrow !

Please
or

Bubbean · 09/05/2021 19:59

I’m so sorry for your losses. I still remember the pain of our losses at 13 weeks and 9 weeks after 2 years of trying to conceive. I like you was desperate to know that there was hope after loss. I has a lovely gp who sent me for blood tests after the 2nd loss and they found I had a blood clotting disorder. I was put on low dose aspirin and I then went on to have A boy and a girl, now 7 and 2. It’s not been an easy journey for us and many times wanted to give up but there are many stories of babies being born after loss... please don’t give up Flowers

Please
or

rainbowbabybump · 10/05/2021 08:31

@Pesimistic thank you for sharing! I'm so glad you gone your rainbow baby.

@Bubbean I still don't know how I feel, but I think the focus of ttc in the future and getting health etc is the only thing that helps me get through this. Sorry to hear you had a struggle too, the ttc journey was also a grieving time for us, I hope like yourself we have a rainbow baby one day..

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.