Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pregnancy of unknown location

MarshmallowMeadow · 14/01/2021 08:20

I had a MMC a few months ago and got pregnant again quite soon after.

I should be around 9 weeks but had a tiny amount of pink spotting a couple of days ago (just when I wiped) and had a private scan yesterday which showed a ‘pregnancy of unknown location.’

They gave me very little info so I’m confused as to what it all means. The spotting has stopped and I’ve had no pain but from Googling it looks like it might be ectopic? But the lack of symptoms of is so confusing - if it was ectopic surely I’d have felt something by now? Or could it be another missed miscarriage that happened really early so it’s still there but too small to be seen? I have an appointment at the EPU this afternoon but am driving myself crazy worrying about it! Anyone else had anything similar?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annab1983 · 14/01/2021 09:05

I just had a couple of sharp pains, no spotting but then a scan showed a pregnancy of unknown location (so they were unable to see it in the womb) so they did bloods in case my dates were wrong and it was too early to see in the womb but my HCG levels were like 4000.. it was an ectopic in my tube in my case and it ruptured in theatre thankfully as it could have been life threatening had it not been caught in there. I was around 8 weeks from LMP. Hopefully it could be a date issue for you as you say you got pregnant quickly after a MMC so maybe your cycles were funny, I was going to say you need to be seen again ASAP but I see you are later on today which is good, it’s so worrying though I know x

Please
or

MarshmallowMeadow · 14/01/2021 09:24

Thank you so much for your reply. I don’t think my dates are wrong as I had a positive test a couple of days after my missed period. So lucky that your ectopic ruptured in theatre rather than at another time! Can I ask how you are now? Did they remove your tube and did it affect your ability to conceive again? xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Annab1983 · 14/01/2021 09:35

Yes the tube was removed but thankfully I got pregnant again 2 cycles later and had my take home baby, so it doesn’t always mean your chances are vastly reduced

Please
or

MarshmallowMeadow · 14/01/2021 10:04

I’m so glad it was a good outcome for you in the end, that definitely gives me hope :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedPandaFluff · 14/01/2021 11:17

Hi @MarshmallowMeadow - did they scan your abdomen, or transvaginally/internally? I know that they can see a lot more when they do an internal scan so if they just did an external one, maybe that's why they couldn't see anything . . . ?

Please
or

MarshmallowMeadow · 14/01/2021 11:23

@RedPandaFluff it was a transvaginal scan but done privately, my GP was a bit scathing of private scans so I’m hoping maybe the machine/sonographer wasn’t as good as what you get in the EPU at the hospital which is why they couldn’t see anything (plus I have a tilted uterus)...I’m probably clutching at straws though!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedPandaFluff · 14/01/2021 13:37

I'm crossing my fingers for you - let us know how you get on at the EPU. Early pregnancy is such a strange, stressful time - a massive rollercoaster Thanks

Please
or

RedPandaFluff · 15/01/2021 09:22

How are you, @MarshmallowMeadow . . . ?

Please
or

MarshmallowMeadow · 15/01/2021 09:46

@RedPandaFluff thank you so much for checking in, they found what they think is a sac but no yolk or baby. They said it’s unlikely that it’s ectopic and think it was an early miscarriage that my body hasn’t expelled, they’re taking bloods to confirm. So disappointing but somehow easier to deal with than my previous mmc when there was a baby there Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedPandaFluff · 15/01/2021 10:44

Ahhhh I'm so sorry, @MarshmallowMeadow - I was really hoping for a good outcome for you Sad

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.