Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

MMC - Confirmation scan tomorrow.

charisann93 · 29/10/2020 18:46

Hi guys,
I found out last night at a private scan, that I've had a MMC around 6-7 weeks, absolutely heartbroken but I'm more terrified of what's to come.

Is it my right to choose the the surgical option if I feel that's best for myself? I just can't face the thought of being awake and it happening.

I have a scan at 10:30am tomorrow to reconfirm the miscarriage. It's all just so shit.
Any past experiences would be really helpful.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rumples · 29/10/2020 22:13

Hi @charisann93

So sorry for your loss. From what I've read on this board, some hospitals aren't offering a surgical option due to covid. When my MMC was confirmed 2 weeks ago I was pushed towards medical management but surgical was there if I really really wanted it. I went with medical management in the end.

Hopefully the option of surgical will be there for you.

Please
or

Littleonefirsttime · 29/10/2020 22:58

Hi. I am so sorry for your loss and for what you’re going through. I had the same news about three weeks ago and then it passed naturally about two hours before my secondary scan the following week. It wasn’t a pleasant experience at all but in some ways I am glad it happened naturally. I think I would have gone for the operation if it didn’t. I really hope you’re okay. It’s so shit. Xx

Please
or

leftitlate37 · 30/10/2020 07:52

Hi @charisann93 am so sorry to hear u r going through this :( and can entirely get where u r coming from.
we found this out at a private scan a week ago, and had NHS scan at weekend to check. unfortunately due to size they said to wait a week for another scan to confirm before they could give me any options. have spent ages researching and then this week nature has taken its course, but just like @Littleonefirsttime it wasnt pleasant but maybe glad it happened this way. having to make a decision is so so hard. u hvae to choose what is right for u. i was so grateful for advice from people on here as it helped me balance up what i wanted (albeit now seems i dont needto make a choice) but whats right for one person isnt necessarily right for u. i wanted to have surgical but under local as felt was quickest option and maybe more certainty when its all over (tbf all options have good success rates).
i felt so overwhelmed and worried about the not knowing with whats to come, but u will make the right decision for you. really thinking of u.
good luck for the scan today, will be thinking of u. have u got a partner etc who can go with u? let us know how u get on, send lots of hugs and thinking of u x

Please
or

charisann93 · 30/10/2020 16:14

Update, scan confirmed no heartbeat and have started me on medical management. The pain is real, physically and emotionally.

OP's posts:
Please
or

leftitlate37 · 30/10/2020 20:03

so sorry to hear this @charisann93. its so so hard. i hope youve got support at home with you. its gonna be sh*t for a bit, so take care of yourself and rest up. thinking of u x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.