Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

8th miscarriage in a row

tinkerbell999 · 06/10/2020 17:59

Hi ladies I’ve had 8 miscarriages in the last year and now my tests have faded so think in few days bleeding will start with my 9th I’m so down about this I’ve tried to be hopeful and told to keep trying I’ve had all the tests done including karotyping and all came back clear including my internal ultrasound scan .. I’ve tried progesterone and asprin nothing worked so far I’m so down about it seeing pregnant ladies older than me and with higher bmi seen more pregnant ladies today and it’s starting to make me feel really bitter and that’s not me 😓 my question is has anyone else had this many in a row and been successful I’m ready for giving up it’s heartbreaking getting positives to see them fade I’ve had 2 children before with no problems I’m at my wits end emotionally .. any advice much appreciated x

OP's posts:
Please
or

copperoliver · 06/10/2020 18:06

Hi I had 7 miscarriages and went on to have to health boys.
My mum was also prone to miscarriages too but in the end once she was pregnant the gave her a stitch to hold the baby in straight away. It's called a shrodcia stitch it's put at the neck of the womb to hold it closed throughout pregnancy. X

Please
or

copperoliver · 06/10/2020 18:08

Meant to say maybe you might need to talk to a consultant to ask for this procedure. X

Please
or

dierhoek · 24/11/2020 22:22

I know exactly how you feel.... unfortunately... this month I lost almost all hope. This year alone I've had 7 miscarriages already. It was supposed to be different this time. For the first time I tried aspirin and we finally got over 4 weeks , all the way to 8 weeks. Well we've had an early scan today and the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I've also got 2 kids already, no problems with them or any miscarriages around that time. It breaks my heart that I can't give my husband a baby. He deserves it so much, he loves my boys as his own but I would love for him to experience what it's like to have a baby. I just don't know what to do anymore . ...

Please
or

dierhoek · 24/11/2020 22:24

I'm sorry I'm not much help but I just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Please
or

Freetodowhatiwant · 24/11/2020 22:30

Sorry for your losses. I had five miscarriages before having treatment for immune issues, high natural killer cells. It’s thought to be responsible for a lot of recurrent miscarriages. There is a long running thread I started on the conception boards, called something like Immune issues aka the Pred thread. I’m sure some of the people on there would be able to help you. I saw Dr Hassan Shehata who is incredible.

Please
or

Littlestlily · 24/11/2020 22:39

I’ve had 7 miscarriages , I would have had more but for an amazing consultant, i spent a lot of money for consultations with prof lesley Regan, who suggested I just keep trying as nothing could be found wrong, the next consultant I saw, Mr Rémi Atalla (private or if in Herts/Beds, on NHS) put me on aspirin, injectable blood thinners, progesterone pessaires and low dose steroids, we had four children after his amazing care . Sending hugs xxx

Please
or

Littlestlily · 24/11/2020 22:44

Should have added, I had my first no problem then the miscarriages

Please
or

LolalPorkie · 25/11/2020 17:57

OP please don't give up hope.

I had 11 miscarriages in a row. With every single one my hope of a successful pregnancy was getting dimmer and dimmer until I literally thought it would never happen.

Well I'm now in my third trimester with baby number 12!

It can happen. And that's something I'd never have believed this time last year.

Please
or

tinkerbell999 · 25/11/2020 19:40

Really ? Oh this gives me hope :( are you under gynaecologist? So happy that your pregnant and so far along must be so worrying :( I've had 8 longest one I got to 11 weeks was awful rest have been at 6 weeks and the rest just chemicals this really gives me hope ..x

OP's posts:
Please
or

LolalPorkie · 25/11/2020 19:52

@tinkerbell999

Really ? Oh this gives me hope :( are you under gynaecologist? So happy that your pregnant and so far along must be so worrying :( I've had 8 longest one I got to 11 weeks was awful rest have been at 6 weeks and the rest just chemicals this really gives me hope ..x

Sounds very similar to me. I lost most of the pregnancies around 6/7 weeks, furthest I got apart from this one was around 9 weeks and we'd seen the HB already too.

Mine was genetic although I note you've already had those tests.

I'm glad it gives you hope OP. I remember reading these boards a short time ago thinking it would never be me. I was absolutely sure of it... And now my baby is due early in the new year. Please don't lose hope.

Recurrent miscarriage may not be hugely common generally but there are so many positive stories from women who have gone through this x
Please
or

tinkerbell999 · 25/11/2020 20:00

It's been awful time after time getting positives that fade even my partner started to doubt them after 2 pregnancies with no issues it's frustrating I've had all the tests the nhs offer and all came back normal including karotyping on me and my partner only one I haven't had is natural killer cells I've been prescribed asprin and progesterone even though it came back normal on tests .. it's heartbreaking Isent it time after time but your reply has made me so hopeful of a positive outcome x

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.