Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

3 miscarriages and confused by test results

lulu827 · 14/09/2020 18:04

Hi there, I’ve found support in the posts for recurrent miscarriage during this past year, but this is my first post.

I will try to keep it as short as possible, but I’m really struggling to be positive today. We started ttc in September last year and got pregnant the second month. I naturally miscarried this pregnancy at 7 and a half weeks. During the month after we had sex once, and I randomly found myself pregnant again from it. That pregnancy lasted about 8 weeks from the last miscarriage and again ended naturally. I did begin bleeding and had a scan just before it happened, where there was only a gestational sac so was only 4-5 weeks.

After that, we waited and then conceived again in the second month of trying in March, only to miscarry again in May at 6 weeks and 2 days. Again a scan when I began bleeding showed a sac that hadn’t developed beyond 5 weeks. We were completely devastated, but we’re assured we would be able to have tests.

Flashfoward to me chasing and getting nowhere with our local hospital recurrent miscarriage clinic, we decided to pay for tests as after 18 weeks of no information, I was beginning to lose the plot.

My test results came back last week. I have tested positive heterozygous mthfr, which I have been taking 800mcg of folate for just in case anyway. And the worst news: my amh level is 4.5 pmol/L which is low and completely shocked me as I have conceived 3 times in 8 months. I understand from further research that this level isn’t great news for me at 36 years old and I’m on a ticking clock.

So the consultant has suggested we just try again as I can get pregnant (a little too easily?) and the next stage after if it happens again would be ivf. She has prescribed cyclogest and baby aspirin.

But I am really unsure what to do next. I don’t feel that my amh level is causing my miscarriages if I get pregnant so quickly, but then I don’t want to spend anymore time waiting to try again for more tests. I really don’t know what’s best to do - anyone had similar?

OP's posts:
Please
or

nevergiveuptrying · 20/09/2020 09:57

Hi, sorry to hear that. I have recurrent miscarriage too. Did you test the pregnancy remain of your last miscarriage? Mine had chromosome issues so we are doing some genetic testing now. What test did you do so far and what tests are u considering to take? The consultant said we can try again now. But we have decided to wait for the result first and focus on healthy diet and exercise while waiting. Good luck!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.