Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Retained products? bleeding 4 weeks after medically managed miscarriage

LissLady · 09/09/2020 13:07

Help! I cant get through to the EPU who have been useless.
I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks, I wanted a D&C but because of covid they wouldnt let me, I had the pessaries at home on 14th Aug, miscarried a few hours later, hemorrhaged, had an ambulance out and ended up in hospital only for them to check me over and send me home.
I am still bleeding now nearly 4 weeks later and preg test is still positive (although faint)
Do I just let it carry on and hope anything left will come out naturally? every time I see the blood in the bathroom it reminds me whats happened and Im not sure there can be much blood left to come out, I am exhausted and fed up but otherwise feel well. No pain no fever. How long can you watch and wait for?

I knew this would happen...I had a retained placenta after my daughter which was removed but there were bits left behind, I hemorrhaged and then continued to bleed for 3 months before my GP stepped in after diagnosing hemolytic anemia and gave me medication to stop it after a scan showed it had all passed. I told them that happened to me before and begged for the D&C but they werent allowed to do it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pippywillow · 12/09/2020 21:09

Hi Lisslady, sorry for your loss. This is my first post on here after searching for some answers myself. I had medical management in early July after losing my baby at 8 weeks and I am still bleeding. I passed the sac 6 hours after having the treatment and a lot of clots afterwards and yet it's still going on. I have avoided calling the EPU purely because we have had a few holidays and I didn't want to cancel and let my kids down after being stuck at home for 5 months, plus the bleeding kept starting and stopping so I kept thinking it was finally over only to start bleeding again a day later. Now I'm starting to worry I'm getting an infection so will be calling the EPU tomorrow. I know sometimes it can take a while but I would definitely try and speak to the EPU and get checked out. It feels like a lifetime ago that I lost the baby and I just want to move on with my life now and get this over with 😞

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.