Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anger at MC

Rainbow1808 · 05/06/2020 21:27

I just need to vent this somewhere. I miscarried last weekend and I feel now as if my sadness is turning into anger. I don’t know why as I know it wasn’t anyone’s fault. I just feel angry at the world. Angry at how unfair it is. Angry at how cruel it is. Angry at how I was so close to having something I wanted so much, just for it to be taken away for what? Sorry if I sound loopy but I just needed to let this outSad

OP's posts:
Please
or

thankfulbee · 06/06/2020 16:16

Hi there, and sorry for your loss. I also felt extremely angry and full of rage when I MCd. I didn't understand why this had happened to me. Even two months later, I am still triggered when I see pregnant women or hear discussion of people having babies. It is all totally normal!

What I can say is that you will find a way to come to terms with this. For me it was understanding that miscarriage is very, very common. Life is not fair, and this time I was dealt a bad hand, but that doesn't mean anything for my future pregnancies. Other people being pregnant also doesn't mean I won't be - there is not a finite number of babies! I also tried to spend time thinking about all the things I have right now that I can be grateful for, and there was a lot!

Everything you describe is OK and to be expected - it's fine to scream and let it out. Your loss is still very fresh and it will take time; only you know your grieving process. Find a space that is comfortable for you right now - I avoided certain TV programs and online spaces, and sought out the company of women who were also going through MC, or TTC again after their loss. I wish you peace and good luck xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.