Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Can i have funeral for my 16 week old baby born sleeping

Benny1420 · 15/03/2020 16:56

Can i have a funeral for my baby that i sadly miscarriage at 16 weeks. Some people have said i cant im aboustly heartbroken because i just want to put my baby to rest somewere we can visit him like the death of any family member

OP's posts:
Please
or

KittenVsBox · 15/03/2020 17:03

I'm sorry for your loss Flowers
Yes, you can. <a class="break-all" href="https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=www.sands.org.uk/sites/default/files/DECIDING%2520ABOUT%2520A%2520FUNERAL%2520SINGLE%2520PAGE%2520LINKED.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiM0I2l-pzoAhXGYcAKHaDpCXoQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2NK8OhalS2NaJuIYxN0yCd" rel="nofollow noindex" target="_blank">This Sands leaflet might give you some information

Please
or

Lynda07 · 15/03/2020 17:32

This is so sad for you, Benny. May you be comforted.
Flowers

Please
or

AmberAndAlexsMum · 15/03/2020 17:51

Yes you can. I had a funeral for my daughter, Harriet, born sleeping at 20 weeks. She had a little basketwork casket that I carried in from the hearse and a lovely little service. It was the right thing to do, she was a person not a thing, and the funeral confirmed that. I even had the lovely lady vicar, who blessed her in the hospital, to do the service. Then when my son was born healthy the next year, the same wonderful vicar christened him for me.

Please
or

clitterratti · 16/03/2020 15:57

I had to do this a month ago. My son was also stillborn. I was 24 weeks pregnant. Today is the first day I've decided to talk about it with people who may know what I feel.

The saddest most beautiful tragic day of my life. We found a special and beautiful Childrens only cemetery in Ilford. I had never thought of a place like that existing. Seeing all those tiny graves broke my heart in a way nothing could. It was such a collection of grief. To know my baby son isn't alone is soul crushing.

Please
or

DustyMaiden · 16/03/2020 15:59

Yes, you can, I’m so sorry for your loss.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.