Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I'm so scared

Anniepole · 17/02/2020 09:21

Hello everyone.

I went for an early scan yesterday and the said baby's heart must have stopped at 7 weeks.

I was so scared of having a silent miscarriage and here we are. First time pregnant and then first miscarriage.

I've got the hospital tomorrow.

I'm just so scared of the unknown. Will it be painful? Will I be able to conceive again? Will I be able to have children?

Please could you just share your experiences with me I think listening and taking will really help me. Thank you xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

whatsoccuringnow · 17/02/2020 09:25

Hi, just to say I'm sorry. I've been through a mmc, I found it awful mentally. Physically I had it medically managed, and was under anaesthetic which I found less traumatic than a previous miscarriage. I've had 2 healthy pregnancies inn between, so it doesn't mean you can't conceive again. Hope all goes ok for you, take it easy and rest and talk and cry if you need to.

Please
or

SunStruck · 17/02/2020 09:28

I'm so sorry to hear, OP. I was in the same situation, TTC first baby and had a mmc at 9 weeks (discovered on 10 week scan after having a normal scan where heartbeat was seen at 7 weeks).

I live abroad where they don't give tablets for medical management, so we tried natural management first (wait and hope it happens naturally). It never did for me, so I had a d&c (surgical management) at 13 weeks. I have to say that by then I had processed my grief already and just wanted it over with and start afresh, so d&c for me was very good as they just put you to sleep, you wake up and it's all done. No pain, you don't see anything and you're on your way recovering straight away.

I fell pregnant again not long after (unfortunately very early miscarriage in October last year) and am currently pregnant again (8 weeks).

Don't worry, you will have a baby - that you have conceived and made it so far is a really good sign. It was most probably a one off chromosomal issue and the next pregnancy will be different.

You'll get through this even though it's going to be tough for a while 💐

Please
or

peachgreen · 17/02/2020 09:29

Sorry for your loss Annie Flowers

I had a missed miscarriage and surgical management at 14 weeks (the baby was about 9 weeks developed. I was in a little bit of pain afterwards but nothing unbearable, and recovery was fairly quick - I was back at work the next week. I got pregnant again on what would have been my due date and that pregnancy was completely incident-free - my DD is now two.

Thinking of you.

Please
or

Char2020 · 17/02/2020 10:17

I’m so sorry for your loss. I had a MMC 3 weeks ago, it was my first pregnancy too, it was devastating. We went for our 12 week scan only to find out the pregnancy hadn’t developed past 8.5 weeks (had an early scan at 7 weeks and saw it’s little heartbeat) I was due to go to the hospital on 27th Jan but miscarried naturally the night before. I can’t say I was in any pain, more like quite bad period pains with a bad back ache and just feeling generally quite rubbish. Once the miscarriage started it took about 2 hours in total for everything to pass. Still no pain and all symptoms stopped pretty much straight away. I will warn you if you go down the natural route there is a lot of bleeding, I got a bit worried by the amount but it’s all very normal as long as it doesn’t continue for too long. I bled for 8 days, started off as a heavy period and then trailed off altogether. We had to wait for a negative pregnancy test which took 2 weeks from the day of the miscarriage. We have just started ttc again so here’s hoping.

I know a lot of people this has happened to, especially a first pregnancy who have all gone on to have normal pregnancies and perfectly healthy children. It’s tough to deal with mentally and physically but we will get there. Xxx

Please
or

Kyoyo · 17/02/2020 10:38

So sorry you are going through this.
We found out I had a missed miscarriage recently and had surgery yesterday. Woke up with period cramps but today I feel much better. This was our first pregnancy and sadly ended like this, I understand the emotions you are going through and it is a really tough time.

Please
or

Anniepole · 27/02/2020 10:44

Thank you everyone for your replies. You helped me so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart xxxx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.