Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Referral for Recurring Miscarriage

Zoey36 · 29/12/2019 23:55

Had a miscarriage at 10 weeks but pregnancy measured 6w4d
I have since gotten pregnant every month after but had very early losses (3).
So 4 miscarriages in a row but 3 of them weren't clinical pregnancies.

If I go to my GP, am I eligible to be referred for any help? I've heard that they don't 'count' a miscarriage until you were 6 weeks along. But it me, surely there is an issue here and I'd like to at least try and find an answer.

Any wisdom?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Softscoop35 · 30/12/2019 09:41

Im sorry for you losses, having lost 4 babies, i know how utterly shit it is.

I was referred after my 4th loss. Its complicated because my 3rd loss, i was pregnant with twins, we lost one and went on to have a healthy son. But as i did still lose a baby, they still counted that as a loss consecutively.
My latest loss was a chemical pregnancy, which i presume your latest 3 losses were also.
These are still counted as miscarriages.

Im not sure if your GP will count them (they bloody should do and i actually would pit money on them referring you)
I was lucky that i was able to 'prove' both on my CP's by having a HCG blood test at the EPU.

Is get yourself to the GP asap as the waiting lists are so long

Good luck x

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 30/12/2019 09:46

Definitely speak to your GP and ask to be referred to your local RMC. I was referred by the EPU after my third MC so didn’t have to ask but your GP is your best option. There’s a real postcode lottery around miscarriage care but I was very lucky with my consultant and was under my RMC for about 3 years and finally had my daughter in the spring.

Sorry for what you’re going through and wishing you every luck.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 30/12/2019 11:58

Thanks. I actually went this morning to the drop-in and saw a nurse who referred me without hesitation. No idea how long the wait time is but I feel good that something is happening.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.